What's new

Guide - Shotgun Pump Action Raptor Resets

JustinXavier21

The rose that grew from concrete
Good stuff @WidowPuppy - I'm still of the opinion that SG is at the very least, a stronger alternative to FA - how are you finding it so far? In terms of neutral game, exDust still seems to be up there with the best footsie tools in the game no? I'm now starting to work on HT...I think I'm just desperate to find a solution that will allow me to retain my character!

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Good stuff @WidowPuppy - I'm still of the opinion that SG is at the very least, a stronger alternative to FA - how are you finding it so far? In terms of neutral game, exDust still seems to be up there with the best footsie tools in the game no? I'm now starting to work on HT...I think I'm just desperate to find a solution that will allow me to retain my character!
Thanks Justin. I'm back with FA for now, just had to dabble in SG for a bit to see what was up. I've yet to delve into HT. When I decide to, I know Pan1cmode and Truly will be able to guide me in the right direction. As far as SG VS FA... I think they're about equal, probably MU specific as far as which one is better. I do love the standing resets in SG, however am not a fan of certain inconsistencies with B33~BF2 and Kara 4~BF2 into Dusting. I believe your search to find something in HT will only bring you back to the realization that aside from the inconsistencies I mentioned in SG, that her weaknesses IMO are universal. Like her slower normals and absolutely horrific pokes along with her great speed Quick Jab opener's terrible range. I do love the recovery of DB2 in SG though.

She does have some amazing stagger string possibilities and great tools to bait out and whiff punish. But since this is not a back to block game, those tactics can go wrong real quick. Also not saying that the only things she needs are universal because I'm unfamiliar with HT and definitely see some things that could be done to improve SG as well.

Jacqui is definitely viable in SG and FA, she just has to play a different game. Unfortunately for her... this is MKX. How fucking obnoxious it is to have someone throwing out a punishable move and have 4~DF2 be my safe option to punish with when S1 won't reach, or F1 won't be fast enough. Then I can try to bait out a whiff, as a punish, lmfao. Counter poke at a range where 90% of the cast can poke you, and her pokes won't reach, lmfao again.

Oh well... Back to concentrating on her strong points.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
@WidowPuppy Nice guide bro! Plans on updating it in light of the recent Patch? I know FA is your fave, wonder if the patch piqued your interest in SG though.
Thanks Sab. Yes I will update this [at some point], gotta do a bunch of Labbing with SG first. Been in the lab with FA mostly so far.

@Windowpuppy do you think SG is worth playing competitively, does not having an anti-air and the inconsistencies with B33 etc keep her from being viable?

cashthesehands

monster masher
Thanks Sab. Yes I will update this [at some point], gotta do a bunch of Labbing with SG first. Been in the lab with FA mostly so far.
d2 is much improved for getting jump ins. If you read it, you can also walk back and f1 or b1 or f2 into full combo, or if you've got stanky leg down that's great too. For crossovers you've got s1 or d1 into full combo.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
This is pretty cool guide and will def take a look at it when I can.

All this talk of inconsistencies and distance changing your 50/50 and short limbs. . . . Everyone here should just play cassie. She does a 50/50 whenever and can force it. B1 is God!!! And she causes the inconsistencies :joker:

Oh and her parents never went evil, so there's that too.:DOGE

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
@Windowpuppy do you think SG is worth playing competitively, does not having an anti-air and the inconsistencies with B33 etc keep her from being viable?
I believe SG with it's new improvements, is probably her most viable variation. Her restand game is so good! And like my Jacqui fam has stated above, she's got some decent AA options. And now that D2 was changed to nine frames, it's way more consistent at anti airing, along with massive damage that she can get off that D2 in SG, even midscreen if you hit your opponent at the max height of their jump in by Meter Burn Dusting.

Definitely some things added to SG that I should update this thread with [will at one point]. Just been playing other games lately. Games that are not a broken steaming pile of shit in multiplayer. So glad that Jacqui got some actually usable buffs finally. But I'm at about the point [out of denial] of being done even trying to play this game online anymore.

Maybe one day, I'll add those changes. [plenty of great updated info in other threads] Hype to watch TFC this weekend, hoping to see some high level Jacqui play.

cashthesehands

monster masher
I believe SG with it's new improvements, is probably her most viable variation. Her restand game is so good! And like my Jacqui fam has stated above, she's got some decent AA options. And now that D2 was changed to nine frames, it's way more consistent at anti airing, along with massive damage that she can get off that D2 in SG, even midscreen if you hit your opponent at the max height of their jump in by Meter Burn Dusting.

Definitely some things added to SG that I should update this thread with [will at one point]. Just been playing other games lately. Games that are not a broken steaming pile of shit in multiplayer. So glad that Jacqui got some actually usable buffs finally. But I'm at about the point [out of denial] of being done even trying to play this game online anymore.

Maybe one day, I'll add those changes. [plenty of great updated info in other threads] Hype to watch TFC this weekend, hoping to see some high level Jacqui play.
Really interesting to hear you say that - I still think full auto may have the edge (df2 and db2 are great tools), but shotgun is way more competitive now. Her pressure strings into 4~db2(ex) or 4u4 (for the pushback) are so nasty. And keeping someone in her shotgun vortex is much easier now that the arc for df2 has been adjusted.

The online is mostly ass, but I still get in enough lag-free games that it stays fun. Holding out for Tekken 7!

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Really interesting to hear you say that - I still think full auto may have the edge (df2 and db2 are great tools), but shotgun is way more competitive now. Her pressure strings into 4~db2(ex) or 4u4 (for the pushback) are so nasty. And keeping someone in her shotgun vortex is much easier now that the arc for df2 has been adjusted.

The online is mostly ass, but I still get in enough lag-free games that it stays fun. Holding out for Tekken 7!
Yup. And that's coming from an FA player.

Tekken 7... I cannot fucking wait! Thank you Harada, for giving a fuck how your game will feel when played by millions of online players.

Last edited: