What's new

PSN name change: are you going to do it?

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
lol that story on your name is hilarious, I figured Gods_Tank but yeah that reminds me of a friend of mine wayy back his old GT was THE ME 262, most people unless you're familiar with history have no clue wtf it meant so they just called him The ME" but was actually M.E. but since Xbox don't let you use . in between. So he changed it. At any rate, I always thought that was dumb on Sony's part. Glad they're finally changing that option.
I hate that they don't let us use periods, I think only underscores are permitted too. Hearing wrongs versions of your name spoken in a game is always fun, except if they yell at you XD

Since you only need one account to have PS+ on the box for any account on it to access PS+ Features/Online. I just make a new PSN account and get the name I want.

Now to be fair idc about trophies so that doesnt matter. So you could have upwards of 11 active accounts while paying for one.
Bruh, for real? I am gonna get on that stat.

POGCHAMP YASSSSSS

I was borrowing my cousins PS3 back in 2008 and was desperate to get online and get mopped in cod4, so I tried a few versions of my name (Nicholas) to find one that didn't need a bunch of numbers after it. Settling on Nikolaos_ and being a dumbass I didn't expect that people would keep messaging me in greek and I'd feel like a dirty fraud lmao.
lmao that's awesome, did you try to google translate what they said?

Mine is SubZeroice123 so I want to change that REAL quick.
Bruh, that's a good idea.

At least it's original and not Sepirotx420xBlazexNoScope.
XxxGetRektxxX

I just want to take a moment to personally thank God for the fact that this will be available soon. My PSN is Godstank, and because I didn't put an underscore people automatically think it's God Stank and not God's Tank, so I REALLY need to change it, because I'm getting tired of getting messages like "God stank? God gave you life motherF-er!" Or my favourite: "YOU DIS OUR LORD IN SAVIOUR YOU'RE GOING TO BURN IN HELL!!" And while he's my lord and saviour too, I mean perhaps consider piping the f down?

Anyways, I'm considering changing it too Gods_Nerd.

Do you guys have an embarrassing PSN or Gamertag you'd like to change?
well I mean all those choices are pretty bad but if you're some kind of hardcore religious person than you do you. rergardless, what other people in the thread have said about psn's faulty name change system.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
POGCHAMP YASSSSSS

I was borrowing my cousins PS3 back in 2008 and was desperate to get online and get mopped in cod4, so I tried a few versions of my name (Nicholas) to find one that didn't need a bunch of numbers after it. Settling on Nikolaos_ and being a dumbass I didn't expect that people would keep messaging me in greek and I'd feel like a dirty fraud lmao.
Κι εγώ θα έλεγα ότι είσαι απατεώνας με το που έβαλες το Ελληνικό όνομα. (If you want, you can translate it. lol)

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
Yes, my PSN sucks cause I was a lame kid and wanted a trollish side-account to mess around in over a decade ago. Then I ended up spending money on the account instead of my other one, so I never dropped it.

Having to explain to anyone I meet on why my PSN differs so much from all my other online usernames is already tiresome.

Gonna wait and see.

Im predicting a bunch of developers have released games that have indexed online player data on PSN name rather than proper userid under the (horribly flawed) assumption that PSN name would remain static.

Espio

Kokomo
Nah, I ended up picking my name in 2003 and haven't had a thought to change it since.

I don't think anything else would even fit me anymore at this point lol.

For the people getting the change, I would wait to see what the potential side effects are of the change.

undergroundvgt

the salt shaker
well my name is undergroundvgt fun fact i only made this name because i wanted to start underground video game tournaments in my city but it never happened. most people just call me underground because they dont know what the vgt means lol. so i wont be changing my name no time soon. underground lives on lol.