What's new

Strategy - Summoner PSA: You should NEVER be vortexed by a fully charged B2

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
With recent buffs to Quan, there's been a hell of a lot of crying about the changes from people who, quite frankly, neither understand the character nor properly test situations they deem OP.

To derail the infamous "guaranteed meterless vortex" he now has, I present this:

Well that was HARD! Also note that Quan can't combo from full charge b2 unless the low hit's first. There is NO MIXUP.

Good day.

Edit: Aaaaaan in the mean time, I've realised the Quan father himself, @STB Shujinkydink, has also posted a fitting response. Let it be known non Quan's, you misunderstand this old, withering sorceror more than you realise.

Edit 2: You should probably front page this @Hollywood DMS :coffee:

Last edited:

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
I saw this coming as soon as DMS posted but I didn't want to say anything because I thought someone would come up with a setup that fills this obvious gap.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Yo there's like a one frame gap in the set up! U gotta have godlike execution and be on Daigo's level, be on point to be able to get out of it. Nerf it :DOGE

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
@Pig Of The Hut I implore you, when you discuss this on your patch review stream, which you will, PLEASE discuss that there is an escape to his non-existant "safe meterless vortex". Again, I don't think any Quan main denies that he didn't need the extra tool, but you have many impressionable listeners that need to hear that this is by no means the be all end all. We don't want to spread misinformation.

Grec

Noob
Dude if you can't punish Quan when you see him charging up the sword while your tranced then quit the game.

People just mad cause he got a 6 frame d1, thought they'd try to lump this in with it as some sort of "super buff". He's still godlike though, don't get me wrong.

obviously, the fully charged b2 needs an armor buff. i propose 2 hit armor buff for the fully charged version and 1 hit for the semi charged version.