What's new

PSA: You can pick variation with Start for alternate colors

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
Yep. I was gonna make a thread about this but got lazy.
You can get to play as some really nice skins this way. For example, Raiden's Mythologies skin can be accessed this way if you have this variant of it.

Scorpion's Netherrealm Demon can be accessed the same way if you have the red/yellow/black variant of it.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Yeah, you have access to some Elder tier skins this way. Including Liu Kang's White/Red god skin and D'Vorah's sick Pennywise skin you can get from her tutorial skin

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
I wanted to made a guide with this, as a kind of "Fuck you and your grind", but then I didn't because I got tired just thinking about the amount of work it would take. It would be cool if we did it as a community effort though.

Ayx

Omnipresent
Yeah I do this w/ Cetrion because her "Awen" green skin @ start has a version that I really want but is locked. Sucks so many skins are locked behind the Krypt... they really could've benefited with some diversity. Seriously.. the game is online ONLY anyways for ToT why couldn't they just include like "Win 10 Ranked Matches" (Which is very doable even for noobs since this game has a kinda sorta ELO system going on.) for some skins... nope just spend koins and koins and koins and koins........... Zzzz..

It's a shame because I used to get such a high the first few days I'd play the single player content literally all day.. now I don't even get the desire to put my AI to do towers.. that's how burned out I get from it.