What's new

PSA: There is reportedly a game breaking bug that stops all progression

EDIT: Derek Kirtzic says this has been fixed now:
If you are still having the problem, try smashing a Shao Kahn Chest in The Krypt so it gives you Souls and then put back on the blindfold. This should fix it. Thanks @Roy Arkon

Thanks to @Kal for pointing this out in another thread.

Summary: If you run out of Souls while using your Blindfold in The Krypt, it could cause a bug which basically causes the game to freak out and not be able to contact the servers for validation checks. Every time you earn something in MK11, an online validation check is required to make sure "you aren't cheating", so you simply can't unlock anything at all if this happens to you.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MortalKombat/comments/bi2enw

Last edited by a moderator:

Comments

Thanks for the P.S.A.

Good thing I haven't made it that far yet in the Krypt to make it even a possibility of catching this BUG.

Related to the topic: Are Timed Towers the best way to acquire Souls?

Jesus Christ NRS is having a really bad week. From now on I’m just going to avoid the Krypt until it’s fixed. Klassic Towers on Endless with the AI is going to be my only way of getting currency until all of this is dealt with.

E
In all fairness, this should hopefully be something that doesn't happen too often. Movement sucks with the bandana on, it's unsafe (unless you're using the item to ward off the enemies) and I think most secret things are static in their placement, yes?

That be the case, just look up a map showing the places to use the bandana.

There's also being mindful of how many Souls you have since it displays it on the screen the entire time.

This doesn't excuse this happening, however.

Oh that's great lol. Thanks for the heads up. Won't be doing anymore Krypt than til this is fixed. How does stuff like this happen? Just a glitch or bad programming?

Good thing I didn't mess with the blindfold much at all yet... Staying away from the Krypt until fixed.

Earlier I had a bug in practice mode while using the record IA function that made practice mode stop functioning and I couldn't move or pause and had to restart and afterwards I had a mesage about the game not being able to connect with the server and the possibility of my variations not being saved... Now that you mention there are progress killing bugs I have to check when I get home if this affected anything.

I really don’t like that the game has to contact mk11 servers after literally every action. I miss the old school days where you just put in the game and play. The single player content should have no reason to contact the servers, if you want to “cheat” then that’s on you. It’s not NRS job to stop people from cheating offline lol.

The real question here is, who the hell is running around with the bandanna on long enough to drain their souls completely?... Anyway. Hope they fix this soon.

Here is a way overcome this. You can smash one of the Shao Kahn chests and gain new Souls, then you can use Kenshi's Mask again. The guy in the video did just that without even noticing, and even when he did notice, he didn't know how he got the Souls until after he posted the video, however he did explained that part in the comments section.

Look at 02:40

Here is a way overcome this. You can smash one of the Shao Kahn chests and gain new Souls, then you can use Kenshi's Mask again. The guy in the video did just that without even noticing, and even when he did notice, he didn't know how he got the Souls until after he posted the video, however he did explained that part in the comments section.

Look at 02:40

Good to know. At least there is some kinda fix.

However, if you don't have any more Shao Kahn chests / don't have enough currency to reach and unlock another behind doors and whatnot, I'm assuming this wouldn't really work?