What's new

Breakthrough - Sonya Blade PSA: The gap in Sonya's in b14 is spacing dependent. Gapless at max range! Probably more like this.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
Hi everyone,

I didn't make a video for this because it's pretty straightforward, but the window to interrupt Sonya's b14 is spacing dependent. While you are able to backdash the second hit if Sonya does b14 point-blank, you will get hit by the 4 if you attempt to backdash a well-spaced b14.

I'm sure that other characters and strings have similar properties, so start testing and see if you can find any others!

@Death
@Mr. Mileena
@Tom Brady
@Espio
@Pig Of The Hut
@YOMI REO
@YOMI DJT
@YOMI MITYEAP
@YOMI RM SaltFace

lslick

Stole this pic from Doombawkz :P
Hi everyone,

I didn't make a video for this because it's pretty straightforward, but the window to interrupt Sonya's b14 is spacing dependent. While you are able to backdash the second hit if Sonya does b14 point-blank, you will get hit by the 4 if you attempt to backdash a well-spaced b14.

I'm sure that other characters and strings have similar properties, so start testing and see if you can find any others!

@Death
@Mr. Mileena
@Tom Brady
@Espio
@Pig Of The Hut
@YOMI REO
@YOMI DJT
@YOMI MITYEAP
@YOMI RM SaltFace
This was mentioned in the GD thread already. Im not trying to undermine what you did here so don't take it the wrong way =[

skater11

The saltiest
It's gap-less from a certain range because you are hitting with the ending frames of b1 as opposed to the first frames.

lslick

Stole this pic from Doombawkz :P
Yes, for demolition especially. I think we haven't explored that variation to its fullest potential yet.
I only know like 3 people that are currently messing with it including myself. I still have a long way to go with it and unfortunately I won't play it at ECT on Saturday =[. CrazySteady a Doa5 player played demolition at the ESL online tournament and lost to Sonicfox if you want to see gameplay of it

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
This thread will probably will get noticed more... but it is known and posted in the General thread ages ago.

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
I only know like 3 people that are currently messing with it including myself. I still have a long way to go with it and unfortunately I won't play it at ECT on Saturday =[. CrazySteady a Doa5 player played demolition at the ESL online tournament and lost to Sonicfox if you want to see gameplay of it
Yeah, I saw that. There's also a dude uploading KOTH matches on youtube. He has a solid demo Sonya. It's my favorite variation tbh, but it's the weakest one. You know, very little reason to use that variation when you have covert ops.