What's new

PSA: ANOTHER THING YOU MUST DO BEFORE STARTING A MATCH IN MKX

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
Everyone going to an MKX tournament, whether it be a major, local, regional, whatever, you now have something ELSE to worry about thanks to NRS. This happened to me in losers finals of my pool at TFC which cost me the game and sent me home, and I forgot how to fix it then, but when it happened to Tyrant at TFC I remembered and walked them through it and they got it fixed.

Here is the entire process you need to go through BEFORE YOU PLAY YOUR MATCH.

Easy one, obviously optional but people are getting good at keeping them short now:

1) Button check. Done.
OR MAKE IT EASY
1) Button check with Pyro Tanya, apply shroud at some point, throw. 32% dmg or higher off the throw then look below, if not then go pick your mains. PLEASE MAKE IT CLEAR YOU'RE ONLY BUTTON CHECKING WITH PYRO TANYA TO MAKE SURE THE GAME IS HOTFIXED.

Before every match PLEASE REMEMBER TO DELETE ALL THE CONTROLLERS. You should all know how to do this by now.

BUT ALSO, after that has been done, you also ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO DO THIS:

1) Pick Pyromancer Tanya
2) Apply dust
3) Throw

If it does 32%, the hotfix is not working. It's likely downloaded, but it's just not working. How to fix it:

1) Close the MKX application by holding down on the PS button(DO NOT RESET THE PS4 TO TRY AND FIX THIS)
2) Open MKX on the main account.
3) Repeat the Pyromancer Tanya step. If it doesn't do 32%, it's fixed and you can go play your match.

This is going to make tournaments run a lot longer unless NRS fixes it.

@EVERYONE. PLEASE REMEMBER THIS:

IF THE GAME WAS STARTED UNDER THE MAIN PROFILE, THE HOTFIX STILL RANDOMLY DECIDES NOT TO WORK, WHICH MAKES YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH THE STEPS I MENTIONED. THIS IS NOT AN ISSUE OF WHICH ACCOUNT STARTED MKX. IT HAPPENS NO MATTER WHAT. I JUST MENTIONED SIGNING INTO THE MAIN ACCOUNT IN THE STEPS BECAUSE THAT'S THE ONLY WAY I'VE TRIED IT AND IT FIXES IT EVERY TIME.

Last edited:

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
All of Kombat Network's systems are patched, y'all just gotta pick the right profile. (will be starting to label them per system)

What happened on sp00ky's setup, that wasn't one of our systems. (we replaced it with one of ours)

Don't make rules for the tournaments like this, it'll just waste time and get everyone confused.
Even if it's signed in under the correct profile, this still happens. It happened after me and Magician loaded up MKX when we got back home, and I know it happened on at least one other console I played on at TFC.

Also, a lot of Ps4s have multiple users that ALL look like they could be the main user. Even if what you said is true, that's still a problem.

EDIT: If the tournament has to run longer because NRS fucked up, then it has to be done. There's literally no reason to NOT do this because this is an extremely critical hotfix to the way the game is played. I'm sorry Mike, I like you a lot, and this does suck for EVERYONE, but this has to be done until NRS fixes it.

Read the topic wrong. Sorry. I'm stupid today. You say you need to button check and play your match and I took it as a joke. Don't mind this Pleb.

*Slithers away*
all good brah

Last edited:

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Just rename the correct profile to "Tournament profile".
Well we can at least wear our sunglasses inside while commentating because it looks cool
Actually, the only one it looks cool to is the one wearing them.

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
Just rename the correct profile to "Tournament profile".

Actually, the only one it looks cool to is the one wearing them.
Nah dude did you not see everyone in the chat saying I was super cool and that they wished they were me?

Anyway, like I said, starting MKX on the original profile does NOT prevent this issue from happening.

Emperor Eevee

Learn to take a joke pal!
All of Kombat Network's systems are patched, y'all just gotta pick the right profile. (will be starting to label them per system)

What happened on sp00ky's setup, that wasn't one of our systems. (we replaced it with one of ours)

Don't make rules for the tournaments like this, it'll just waste time and get everyone confused.
So you want a repeat of Summer Jam and TFC Grand Finals?

Emperor Eevee

Learn to take a joke pal!
players fault lol

I will only say that we should start labeling primary profiles for player one and player two on the system, but I know a lot of people will miss this anyway lol
Yes, I agree, but shit like that makes the community as a whole look bad IMO. It's happened at back to back majors and is an obvious problem that needs more attention.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Yes, I agree, but shit like that makes the community as a whole look bad IMO. It's happened at back to back majors and is an obvious problem that needs more attention.
Then the community needs to get their shit together. DoA has been doing this no problem.

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
players fault lol

I will only say that we should start labeling primary profiles for player one and player two on the system, but I know a lot of people will miss this anyway lol
Dude it does not matter if it's signed into the correct profile or not.

I don't understand why you're so against this when its clearly necessary. A lot of us deserved a do-over for many matches at TFC because of this bullshit beyond anyone's control AT THE TIME, but i realized that's unrealistic and dropped it so you wouldnt have to deal with that shit causing even more problems and stress for you after you worked so hard once again. But since we're here Mike and you don't have work to do, yes if I had that runback I would've bodied my opponent and made it out of pools because he didn't even come close to beating me in winners on a console that worked. I think it's fair that I'm pissed off. Not at you, but pissed off that this is even a fucking issue THANKS NRS. It was signed in under the correct profile too in my losers match.

Make this issue fucking known, take the extra 5 minutes every match to make sure the game fucking works properly, and everyone is happy because they can actually play the current fucking version of the game. Or would you rather people just pray that because they signed into the right profile(EVEN THOUGH IT LIKELY DOES NOT MATTER), it doesn't happen to them but it happens to someone else 15mins later!? That's fucked up yo.

Last edited:

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Dude it does not matter if it's signed into the correct profile or not.

I don't understand why you're so against this when its clearly necessary. A lot of us deserved a do-over for many matches at TFC because of this bullshit beyond anyone's control AT THE TIME, but i realized that's unrealistic and dropped it so you wouldnt have to deal with that shit causing even more problems and stress for you after you worked so hard once again. But since we're here Mike and you don't have work to do, yes if I had that runback I would've bodied my opponent and made it out of pools because he didn't even come close to beating me in winners on a console that worked. I think it's fair that I'm pissed off. Not at you, but pissed off that this is even a fucking issue THANKS NRS. It was signed in under the correct profile too in my losers match.

Make this issue fucking known, take the extra 5 minutes every match to make sure the game fucking works properly, and everyone is happy because they can actually play the current fucking version of the game. Or would you rather people just pray that because they signed into the right profile, it doesn't happen to them but it happens to someone else15mins later!? That's fucked up yo.
Bro, I understand your frustration but you have to be realistic. We don't always get the requests we want and I know there is a proper way to make sure this issue doesn't happen, I just have to find it. Let the issue be known for NRS, but let me decide what we make official rules, if it requires even getting a small hotspot for the consoles to be all connected to so the hotfix doesn't poof then that's what it might be, but let me confirm that this is 100% random.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Bro, I understand your frustration but you have to be realistic. We don't always get the requests we want and I know there is a proper way to make sure this issue doesn't happen, I just have to find it. Let the issue be known for NRS, but let me decide what we make official rules, if it requires even getting a small hotspot for the consoles to be all connected to so the hotfix doesn't poof then that's what it might be, but let me confirm that this is 100% random.
On a separate note, your hair looked great at TFC dude

I think Dizzy should be jealous.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Just an observation, would it not be simpler/quicker to check the frame data on Quan Chi's D1?
We were thinking about that but sometimes a hotfix doesn't change the frame data inside the menu. This is a pretty quick check though.

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
I know, like I said I didn't expect any of us to get a runback because it was unrealistic, stupid, and I didn't want to start anything and have you have to deal with even more shit you shouldn't have to deal with. It's just shitty, and as of right now this is the best solution is all I'm saying. If I had to guess, it works the same way and has the same major issues the CEO MKX codes they got did, and I don't believe a hotspot fixed that for whatever dumb NRS reason. Or they fucked up with the hotspots.

I hope you find a better answer.

Last edited:

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Nah dude did you not see everyone in the chat saying I was super cool and that they wished they were me?

Anyway, like I said, starting MKX on the original profile does NOT prevent this issue from happening.
I'm surprised you saw the chat through all that coolness with your shades on :DOGE

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
I'm surprised you saw the chat through all that coolness with your shades on :DOGE
Oh I didn't. I couldn't see shit without my prescription glasses on, even with my phone right in front of me trying my best to read, well, ANYTHING. I'm just watching the archive with rechat and feel so flattered that everyone TOTALLY loved me and was jealous :DOGE

Also, I know my commentary was not the GOAT, @Prinz, but it was my first time and I was really nervous but trying to keep calm. I promise to work harder at it and do much better in the future.

BUT BACK TO THE POINT OF THE THREAD...

Last edited:

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
This issue isn't really the fault of NRS, or at least I do not believe it to be.

The problem is, the profile in question has not downloaded the Hotfix data.

The quick and easy solution is to ensure that the console is online BEFORE running MKX.

The issue is that the console is not sharing hotfix data between profiles, which is a Sony problem, not an NRS one (for once, lol).

1) Close the MKX application by holding down on the PS button(DO NOT RESET THE PS4 TO TRY AND FIX THIS)
2) Open MKX on the main account.
3) Repeat the Pyromancer Tanya step. If it doesn't do 32%, it's fixed and you can go play your match.
i watched this happen on stream and this a very bizarre problem from my point of view. as a pc player i fail to understand how signing into another account changes version of the game. Technically this 100% possible but it is utterly ridiculous to do so...
i still dont understand, if this is issue with profiles then it is obviously Sony's fault, but if this issue is fixed by simply restarting the game then it is NRS's fault.
As a fellow tourney organizer i need to understand this.