What's new

PSA: Alternate Costume Colors

E

Eldriken

I was reading some threads in the MK11 forum over at GameFAQS and came across a thread about alternate colors for your costume.

Apparently, if you press Start/Options when selecting your variation, you'll use the costume's alternate color. Some are rather drastic in their difference, changing the color scheme altogether.

This isn't permanent, however. It's just for that particular match, set, tower, etc.

I'm not sure if this is known or not. I know you could do this in MKX with the same method, but I haven't seen it get mentioned. Hopefully this is news to some of you and maybe it'll help you find a new favorite costume.

It'll probably just take a while to sift through them all, especially when they're all unlocked.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I've been hearing some things about this too! It would be hella lame if those alternate colors are one of the skins we have to unlock. It be cool if each skin gave an alternate color bonus. But this is good info. Thank ya kindly for this :)

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I've been doing that on costumes that have less than flattering colors. Like green will usually switch to yellow or pink will change to blue ( at least on Cassie's).

Every skin in the game as 2 colors paired with it so that mirror matches have the 2p color available, so pressing Start/Options to select your character will choose the 2p color.
This lets you access skins you might not own yet due to which one yours is paired with. They also remain consistent among color groups for the same character (that I've noticed so far).
They're not extra skins, though.

E

Eldriken

Every skin in the game as 2 colors paired with it so that mirror matches have the 2p color available, so pressing Start/Options to select your character will choose the 2p color.
This lets you access skins you might not own yet due to which one yours is paired with. They also remain consistent among color groups for the same character (that I've noticed so far).
They're not extra skins, though.
Yeah, I know they're not extra.

This green skin I have for Skarlet has a beautiful blue alternate color. It just sucks you can't see what the alternate color is by pressing Start/Options in the skin selection menu. You have to equip it and enter any mode. Talk about a hassle. =P

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Whoa. I used to do this with Mileena in MKX. Didn’t even think about it here. I wonder if this will give me the Jade skin I’ve been spending hundreds of thousands of Koins trying to get!

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
Yes and will this also put clothes on Geras? or at least make him blue like Kotal? 4 million koins trying to get his armor :(

But I have subzero with AURORA! and his samurai mask gear! oomg! LOOKS SO GOOD!