What's new

PS5 controller touchpad and record button problem!

I'm new to PS5 and just recently got MK1, I am having major issues with hitting touchpad mid combos. And that screen record button next to D-Pad.

Is there any way to disable touchpad and record button or at least make it where you have a 2 second hold to input reset or record in practice and KL?
I remember the in X you had a setting to make those buttons require long hold. I also miss the pin strings feature.

okhuskerfan

PSN: B1G-Husker
Had pretty much a similar experience on PS5 controllers except it's in KOTH's and hitting that ultra large fucking middle button. So easy for your finger to slip from 1 into that button.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
You can disable the screen shot recording thing.. This should make the touch pad button so nothing.

I think.

okhuskerfan

PSN: B1G-Husker
Slow your inputs down.
Very underrated reply. Everything became way more responsive when I stopped rolling fingers over things like 12 and instead hitting them individually and slower. "This aint your daddy's 112"

Reactions: jmt
You can disable the screen shot recording thing.. This should make the touch pad button so nothing.

I think.
How do I disable recording button? Wish I could disable the touchpad. You think NRS can add a settings option to add a 2 second hold on touchpad for it to input?
I know they don't have touchpad listed in Kontrols but think it's possible?

Also do you use any PS5 to XB1 controller adapters? What about PS5 to PS3 Brook adapters. I'm just not familiar with which one is best and if they are allowed in local tournaments?

jmt

Noob
How do I disable recording button? Wish I could disable the touchpad. You think NRS can add a settings option to add a 2 second hold on touchpad for it to input?
I know they don't have touchpad listed in Kontrols but think it's possible?

Also do you use any PS5 to XB1 controller adapters? What about PS5 to PS3 Brook adapters. I'm just not familiar with which one is best and if they are allowed in local tournaments?
There really is no reason that you should be hitting the touchpad. You have to try hard to hit that. You are mashing too much. Slow down and get your inputs tighter and you will be fine.