What's new

Match Footage Protagonist_1(Cyborg) vs. CrustyClown (Sinestro) Analysis

E

Eldriken

Then youre gonna love my Bane ;)
I can vouch for this, Crusty. I really, really hate Doba's Bane. Not just because Bane is an awful MU for Doomsday, but the guy knows his character inside out and applies his knowledge well.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I can vouch for this, Crusty. I really, really hate Doba's Bane. Not just because Bane is an awful MU for Doomsday, but the guy knows his character inside out and applies his knowledge well.
And I can vouch back, Eldriken hates my Bane so much hes been dodging me in every fighting game out there for the last 2 years lol

E

Eldriken

And I can vouch back, Eldriken hates my Bane so much hes been dodging me in every fighting game out there for the last 2 years lol
Wouldn't say I'm dodging you in SFV at all. I just don't play the game. I wasted $60 on it. I've played maybe 2-3 hours at most.

We can play Injustice one day when I don't feel like ripping out my own heart because of Bane. :p

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
Fuck!

:(

Last edited:

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
The matchups in this game are so tight. I wish Cyborg had a little more firepower in this MU though.. :(

*the execution in cyborgs zoning is just too high, its a struggle
I wish the character was more than just a one trick pony. He was one of the first characters that I was hype to play...but yeah...

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
I wish the character was more than just a one trick pony. He was one of the first characters that I was hype to play...but yeah...
I freaking love cyborg, but I hope that hes one of the few legacy characters that gets a redesign because im pretty positive we will see him return for IGAU2

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Wouldn't say I'm dodging you in SFV at all. I just don't play the game. I wasted $60 on it. I've played maybe 2-3 hours at most.

We can play Injustice one day when I don't feel like ripping out my own heart because of Bane. :p
My secondaries are all godlike too so it doesnt matter

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
Missed punishes:

Sinestro's b1,3 (called Zero Compassion) is -9 on block. Can be by Cyborg with 1,2,b2, EX Powerfist for 27% damage, or for more damage with 2 bars 11xBounce cancel (30-40% damage)

Sinestro's Final Shackles special is -26 on block and is full combo punishable. I failed to punish this on several occasions
You have all the time in the world to punish shackles.Im not escaping that unless im traited

Thread updated. Thanks for the feedback everyone, I added some more highlight gifs and a mistakes section (I'm sure I'll expand on it later). :D

Jesus, whiff recovery on j2 for borg looks horrible. Good neutral from both of you
I'm not sure if you're referring to d2, but yeah the recovery from d2 is pretty bad. If the opponent empty jumps (like what happened several times in the set I was playing) then it can be baited out and punished.

I will definitely watch this set later today. You guys are awesome for doing this!
#borglife
No problem Ram, I definitely need to work on my punishment game as well as Cyborg's corner game as well. I still watch a lot of Cyborg footage from the past, hoping to get better. All in good fun though

Reactions: Ram
I'm not sure if you're referring to d2, but yeah the recovery from d2 is pretty bad. If the opponent empty jumps (like what happened several times in the set I was playing) then it can be baited out and punished.
I meant the tethered j2 that he whiff punished/trip guarded at the very beginning of the set.

This MU looks horrible lol, IANB isn't really much of an option, on top of sinestro's footsies being way better than borg's