What's new

Question - Kitana Proposed Kitana Change

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
I stopped at, her biggest weakness is not having an easy derp mixup. Since when was that ever a weakness, my god people

*also, fans are not useless. full screen meter build isnt useless. a zoning tool isnt useless. I hope kitanna catches nerfs for all this ungratefulness. be happy you have an overhead

I stopped at, her biggest weakness is not having an easy derp mixup. Since when was that ever a weakness, my god people

*also, fans are not useless. full screen meter build isnt useless. a zoning tool isnt useless. I hope kitanna catches nerfs for all this ungratefulness. be happy you have an overhead
Plz read carefully before replyin. I didnt say that was her weakness. In fact i went as far as to say DONT give her an easy mix up. Wat I said she has a very bad neutral game, and needs help. She has no way of applying any meaningful pressure cuz almost all her strings r unsafe. U can simply duck her fans all day and her overhead is reactable cuz its sooooo slow. All a competent player has to do is down block to beat her. EVEN if she hit her overhead by some miracle it doesnt matter cuz she cant pressure u on wake up cuz all u have to do is down block. Mid fans would allow her to apply meanful pressure without changing her neutral AND keeping her style as a zoner.

Last edited:
Does anyone else think that her normals are slow? I don't think they have enough range or advantage to justify their lack of speed.

b1,f1,b2,f2,u2,f3,d3,4,f4, and d4 are too slow and need to be sped up. I think that because d3 is her lowest range move, it should be 5 or 6 frames so she can deal with pressure. A lot of block loops are happening because characters don't have crouch normals that are fast enough.

Assasin ex impale should have unlimited armor to get through multi-projectiles, but be full combo punishable on block (which it pretty much is already, but can be more negative).

It would be nice if you could mb the first hit of Impale to freeze the opponent for combos. This would allows players to confirm back dash punishes into unbreakble damage for at least one bar.

Sharpen and Razor Blade have too much recovery.

I've yet to test the other variations.

Last edited:

Rozalin1780

Good? Bad? I'm the one with the fans
I'd give NRS all my Lucky Charms and Fruit Loops to change d1 to MK9 Kitana's d1. Such a good poke.

There really isn't much Kitana can do to get opponents off her when she has no meter. It's basically gg for the rushdown and 50/50 characters who dominate the roster. Her pokes are a joke, her fastest being 1 and d3 and both have pitiful range. Most times, you can't even counter poke their strings with these moves because you'll whiff.

The current d1 has the range, but is slower, not comboable, and a whopping -10 on block. Make it worth using, NRS.

mamasau

Noob
I think a good starting point is making the ex fan completely mid, or only for the 2nd hit.
This surely doesn't overdone the character, making her zoning design a little more valuable than the current state.
Having all projs duckable, even spending meter, is too much for a zoner.

mercureXI

Punching bag that throws fans !
Plz read carefully before replyin. I didnt say that was her weakness. In fact i went as far as to say DONT give her an easy mix up. Wat I said she has a very bad neutral game, and needs help. She has no way of applying any meaningful pressure cuz almost all her strings r unsafe. U can simply duck her fans all day and her overhead is reactable cuz its sooooo slow. All a competent player has to do is down block to beat her. EVEN if she hit her overhead by some miracle it doesnt matter cuz she cant pressure u on wake up cuz all u have to do is down block. Mid fans would allow her to apply meanful pressure without changing her neutral AND keeping her style as a zoner.
If Kitana is zoner, she has crappy tools compared to summoner quanchi.
If Kitana is anything else, she has also crappy tools compared to summoner quanchi lol

He has projectiles of all kind -low, air, etc-
He has a 50/50.
He has a special that can restand for some easy reset.
He has a teleport.

Kitana has high and air fans.
That's it.

Only a mastermind can design such a game lol.

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
It would help if she had one of these changes!

1) new string b1,f2 M/OVH.
2) b2 need to have the same properties on hit as Jason's f2
3) f2 should be OVH.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
I'm down with mid fans. My kingdom for a viable zoner I like using. Oh and decent low pokes too.

Last edited:
F2 being an overhead, d1 having less startup and less negative frames. B1 being a little faster. But only having F2 as an overhead would make my day, and skyrocket her in the tier list.

She allready has some kind of 50/50 every time you jump in punsh you can floatcancel to neutral punch overhead or just do b3, just not many players are doing this right now.

Last edited:
F2 being an overhead, d1 having less startup and less negative frames. B1 being a little faster. But only having F2 as an overhead would make my day, and skyrocket her in the tier list.

She allready has some kind of 50/50 every time you jump in punsh you can floatcancel to neutral punch overhead or just do b3, just not many players are doing this right now.
I do agree about the float cancel mix up however it requires u to jump in which can lead to eating 30% combos or for u to already have the pressure advantage :(

I do agree about the float cancel mix up however it requires u to jump in which can lead to eating 30% combos or for u to already have the pressure advantage :(
yes thats true, it also works on crossover, she does need some fixes I agree on that. But mid hitting fans would be broke..

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I love how every single time this topic gets brought up, a lot of people who haven't spent 10 minutes playing her, have to come up and talk shit.

Facts:
- Kitana is way behind the cast in every aspect.
- Her normals are slow and most of them are unsafe and punishable.
- Her damage is good, but she doesn't have the tools to sell that damage. You can literally keep doing safe stuff and win against her, because her only good aspect, her damage, comes from people making mistakes.
- Her zoning is ass. In Royal Storm, her projectile parry has horrible startup, and is punishable from full screen with a run combo.
- Her rushdown is nonexistent, her safe options which are 0 on block, lead to nothing.

I'm not about to try and tell NRS, or the rest of the people here about an amazing solution that trumps all issues because obviously I'm not NRS and can't decide for them, but I seriously think that she needs fine tuning in all three variations to be any good.
I do not want to see her turn into MK9 Jade.

Still, what I think could be a good idea for some changes is posted on my profile.

Y do u feel itd b broken?
Yes fans come out quick, they will have to block alot, Kitana will gain tons of meter, she can do insta air fans to catch people jumping into 33% combos, she does need some frames adjusted so she can compete, to me only Goro and Jason are worser than Kitana, and I love her since early mk9 :(