What's new

Question - Kitana Proposed Kitana Change

Ok so I realize this game hasn't been out that long, but it doesn't take long to notice Kitana has a GLARING weakness, and its pretty bad. Her neutral game is very bad. She doesn't have easy derp out mixup starters, and her footisie are mediocre at best. Her F22 which is arguably one of her best strings can be punished by most good players and although the animation is the definition of an overhead the move isn't. :/ Her only overhead B2 is SUPER slow and can be stuffed by most ppl and reacted to quite easy on block, and even if you get B2 it leads to a hard knockdown problem is Kitana doesn't really capitalize like most characters do on HKD. Ppl commonly cite her strong zoning as her strength, but I dont know if I agree with this. Because your opponent never really needs to jump in on you as Kitana so air fan isn't much use. And if they get the life lead all they have to do is go sit and duck. Yours fans all together are now useless. FORCING you to go in with your useless neutral strings.

My proposed change isn't to give her a better overhead or crazy mix up tools, instead I think a good change would be to allow Kitana's fans hit mid. That way she keeps her title as a zoner which is how I believe they designed her, and she'll be able to apply meaningful pressure at all times even when she loses the life lead.

Last edited:

Bender

Product Manager. xBone tag: I3end3r.
Yeah or some better block strings/ mixup.

I like the suggested changes as well, but she needs help somewhere!

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
Yeaaaah in a game where all the top tiers have insane 50/50s and Rushdown she has whatever zoning and garbage mix ups. She'd probably be about as good as cybernetic kano with mid fans. Which isn't too bad at all so yeah.

The Magician

According to my sources...
Make fans -5 or -6 and hit mid. Would allow for better zoning so opponents have to try and get in and you can punish them for it; and it would also make 111 fan safe as well as f112 fan safe.

Yeaaaah in a game where all the top tiers have insane 50/50s and Rushdown she has whatever zoning and garbage mix ups. She'd probably be about as good as cybernetic kano with mid fans. Which isn't too bad at all so yeah.
How tho? She doesn't have any other pressure options at the moment

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
I was disgusted with this idea at first, but considering Jax's rockets hit mid and I can deal with those alright, I don't think this would be too bad. I don't want to deal with stupid Cyborg/Zod bullshit all over again, though, so it would be cool if they were reasonably negative on block.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
not sure how i feel about this

kotal's only reliable way to get in on her is to duck her high fans and walk in, mid fans are going to make me sad as heck

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
How tho? She doesn't have any other pressure options at the moment
Kano doesn't either. He has f4, up ball for anti air and mid knives. His game plan is knives knives knives. Then once you're in jump range tries to bait you to jump the knife so he can anti air or he goes f4 knee into that eye laser thing for a combo. Kitana with mid fans would basically do the same thing. Not sure how her grounded anti airs are but she has air fans to use for an anti air. She has f2 which would act as kanos f4. They'd both would play very similar if Kitana had this buff.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Mid fans. I thought it would've been too much. But it will actually help her footsies and zoning game. Just make them -6 and I'm good.

As for mix ups she doesn't really need anything big. Just add an OH ender to b14

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
I know Online for MKX is practically broken but, pretty sure every character has to suffer with that. With that being said... Surprisingly even to me, number one in Ranked on Xbone is 80 and 0 with the princess. Some people are asking for Mileena buffs as well, and on PS4 ranked LB's... Dude is 523 and 4 with the empress. And yes, once again... I am aware that online is complete 5h!t! Just bought MKX on my PS4 to hopefully getting a less stinkier 5h!t experience after pre ordering MKX with premium for Xbone.

I would like to see Kitana's forward 2 slowed down becoming an over head, Change that awkward down 3 animation into a further reaching low poke. Then to balance this, I would decrease her damage output significantly.

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
Ok, so here are some buffs that i think could help

• A quick double hitting normal to stuff armored wakeups and make it a mid so people can respect it
  • Fans safer, possibly a mid
  • Safer strings for easier throw attempts
  • i'm not sure if this is too strong but bf+3 as an overhead

Last edited:

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
I think she should start every round with God fist and that should be okay...

Fans hitting mid are fine... Can we make Jacqui's gun hit mid too...

lslick

Stole this pic from Doombawkz :P
Doesn't glaive hit mid and is safe on block already? Can't you extend combos with it using meter? If what I said is true, why not just use that variation if you want a safer projectile that hits mid?

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
I under stand she is in need of a buff. I agree. And I do realize zoning was killed I play zoning characters and I'm forced not to. But seriously all she can do is throw fans everytime I fight even a good Kitana all it is is fans.

Just give her an over head or something

BloodyNights

"My kunai will find it's mark."
I'd actually like a jump in that isn't compete garbage. It feels like all of her jump ins for every normal in the air are designed to be air to airs. Not a single air to ground. Kenshi in Balanced has garbage mix up, but at the very least I can jump in with his jump in 1, and at least threaten with a throw or block string. Something I can't do with Kitana. To make it worse...her air to airs don't feel that strong compared to say Scorpion/Sub-zero/Sonya/Jax/ I could probably keep going lol

But I do agree, fans being mids would be the number 1 buff that I'd like to see. Though I would like a better jump in with a lower hitting hitbox.