What's new

Video/Tutorial PROPERLY Defending vs Raiden

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Well it has armor so im going to go out on a limb and say no
EX Cartwheel doesn't have armor all the way to the end. If he avoided it with a teleport, and still has time to hit her with a superman, the armor will be gone. I don't know if it will hit.

I do like Kenshi in the raiden fight. Although I will say, it's always a scary thing to interrupt his strings with Ex Rising Karma. Just thinking "pleeeease don't teleport this!....FUCK!"

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Great stuff as always, Tom. Definitely you know a lot Raiden match up and have lot of experience on it. Great video explanation !! :D

Very interesting your tutorial, and this surely will help a lot players, against Raiden's constant teleport followed by his main combos string options, if he chooses not cross up neither using throws ......... :D

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
Excellent video, Tom. This Thunder God approves.

Everyone's so focused on his b3 1 2 and 3 3 4 strings, they seem to forget about Raiden's f2 4, which is safe on block, gives pushback, and is overall a reliable string. If you're going against a character who can interrupt those strings, why use them when you can just do f2 4 or use low pokes and throws?

With Raiden, you want to land as many throws as possible. I don't consider his rushdown something to brag about and I'm sure fellow Raiden players can attest to this.
Agreed. In my opinion F24 is his best string. Period.

Excellent video, Tom. This Thunder God approves.

Everyone's so focused on his b3 1 2 and 3 3 4 strings, they seem to forget about Raiden's f2 4, which is safe on block, gives pushback, and is overall a reliable string. If you're going against a character who can interrupt those strings, why use them when you can just do f2 4 or use low pokes and throws?

With Raiden, you want to land as many throws as possible. I don't consider his rushdown something to brag about and I'm sure fellow Raiden players can attest to this.

u sitll want to try to whiff punish with back 3 its got so much more reach then anything else, or even catch a random back 3 dashing in i dont think u can get away with d3 f24 the whole time considering d3 yields +1 on hit (granted its too hard too react t time) moving in with f24 is a spacing risk against good players

What I took away from this video:
Down1 is still my best friend.

And how to stop losing what should have been a simple matchup for me from the start, I guess.