What's new

Question - Swarm Queen Proper way to stagger

Meep8345

Noob
What's the best way to stagger with Dvorah? What's the best way to deal with people counter-poking the third part of f112?I've just been doing f11 then blocking their poke and just counter-poking with 112 or d1. I hope there's a better way to deal with it lol.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Stagger it all. F1, f11, and finishing the string. After f1, walk back to bait out a poke. If they poke, punish hard with f11 or f22, whichever is better for you.

Don't forget to stagger 2, 21, 11, 113, 112. If you're staggering, use it all so they don't know what's coming. Hell, f3 is also a pretty good stagger at -2, and I've gotten loads of work out of f3, b1 because most people are still instinctively blocking high if they aren't familiar with that aspect of the matchup. And of course, mix in throws.

If you know they're going to counter poke at a certain time, armor through the poke, or you can even NJP in some cases.

Meep8345

Noob
Stagger it all. F1, f11, and finishing the string. After f1, walk back to bait out a poke. If they poke, punish hard with f11 or f22, whichever is better for you.

Don't forget to stagger 2, 21, 11, 113, 112. If you're staggering, use it all so they don't know what's coming. Hell, f3 is also a pretty good stagger at -2, and I've gotten loads of work out of f3, b1 because most people are still instinctively blocking high if they aren't familiar with that aspect of the matchup. And of course, mix in throws.

If you know they're going to counter poke at a certain time, armor through the poke, or you can even NJP in some cases.
I figured you could use f1's pushback to walk back and whiff punish a poke but they might just try to jump it. Her throw is crazy good +12 on hit Lao wishes he had that lol. I guess it all boils down to conditioning with f1 and trying to get them to poke the first part of the string and whiff punishing for big dmg.

Wazminator

twitch.tv/Wazminator
What's the best way to stagger with Dvorah? What's the best way to deal with people counter-poking the third part of f112?I've just been doing f11 then blocking their poke and just counter-poking with 112 or d1. I hope there's a better way to deal with it lol.
Like Second Saint said, use ALL of it.
Staggering after a jailing cancel is really good and usually leaves you at + or neutral depending on what you stagger, f11 and 11 both being 0, s2 being +2, 113 being +2, all really good tools
Use all her buttons in stagger pressure and people will usually start to get impatient and start making mistakes, her pressure is scary when optimised and is some of the best in the game.

Just mix up your stagger with all of her buttons and you'll be good to go

Meep8345

Noob
Like Second Saint said, use ALL of it.
Staggering after a jailing cancel is really good and usually leaves you at + or neutral depending on what you stagger, f11 and 11 both being 0, s2 being +2, 113 being +2, all really good tools
Use all her buttons in stagger pressure and people will usually start to get impatient and start making mistakes, her pressure is scary when optimised and is some of the best in the game.

Just mix up your stagger with all of her buttons and you'll be good to go
Well everyone loves to mash but I'll just adapt according to the other player. I think 11 might be her best stagger since it has an overhead with 113 and people have to respect 11 more than f112 it seems. And you could condition them to block overhead and then they start getting hit by the low. I'm starting to understand how her staggers work a lot more.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Moat was answered, but if you see them jump, throw out a s1. It's her best AA outside of d2. Optimal s1 AA damage is ~30+%, make them pay for jumping. Also if you are content with doing 11 after the f112 cancel, go into 112 cancel.