What's new

Proper Way to punish Mileena tele kicks as reptile

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Me and rapzilla were just doing this in training a few hours ago. It's kinda hard to time but we were doing it from d+1 instead of standing 1. Worst case scenario, if you cant do it you can at least get free block pressure with 321 whatever as long as you crouch block everything.

It's fucking amazing that training mode is so bad in this game. Just having someone over to try shit in training (without lag) helps so much.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Me and rapzilla were just doing this in training a few hours ago. It's kinda hard to time but we were doing it from d+1 instead of standing 1. Worst case scenario, if you cant do it you can at least get free block pressure with 321 whatever as long as you crouch block everything.

It's fucking amazing that training mode is so bad in this game. Just having someone over to try shit in training (without lag) helps so much.

I think w practice it can be done extremely consistently

A couple of reptiles I play do this consistently

Really changes Mileena options when she can no longer tele kick in this MU

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
You sure expect a lot from Reptile players don't you? What if they just drop instead of throwing sais? then you gotta rely on that inconsistent d1 ex fb.

AK Vip3r

Ghost of Vip3r

GET THAT DOLAN SHIT OUT OF HERE. :mad:

oh, and good stuff pig!

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
You sure expect a lot from Reptile players don't you? What if they just drop instead of throwing sais? then you gotta rely on that inconsistent d1 ex fb.
Great point

But see that's a mix up on it's own

All I've heard from most reptiles is u can't do it or it's impossible

So it took a Shang player to show a Mileena player that the reptile community is wrong

Not all reptiles but 90% ? definitely

Man I rarely get d1 to connect while already in crouch...standing 1 is going to take Moses parting the red sea type miracle shit to do consistently for me.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Great point

But see that's a mix up on it's own

All I've heard from most reptiles is u can't do it or it's impossible

So it took a Shang player to show a Mileena player that the reptile community is wrong

Not all reptiles but 90% ? definitely
We've known about this for a long time, we complained about it because it's NEAR impossible.

1 frame window if you try to punish with standing 1, and 3 frame window if she throws a sai, not to mention we have to be blocking low.

I don't go around saying it's 7-3 Mileena, but you would have to be a fool if you said it's in reptile's favor just because of this.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Wow you are a bunch of whiners. Tyler had never done it before then did it 3 out of 5 times...wow guys.

Yea online it's tougher but lets play the REAL game...offline please and punish things like they should be punished...I play nw for crying out loud' you don't see me complaining.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Wow you are a bunch of whiners. Tyler had never done it before then did it 3 out of 5 times...wow guys.

Yea online it's tougher but lets play the REAL game...offline please and punish things like they should be punished...I play nw for crying out loud' you don't see me complaining.
I play Kano.

feelsbadman.jpg

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I haven't tried it yet. Will try to get the hang of it, if I can get a way to actually practice it.

It's probably the only thing I don't punish properly, but I didn't really care before, either. I knew if I blocked it low, everything was good...Mileena still lost advantage.

Death

Noob
Dude Reptile Mileena isnt even that bad. People saying its 7-3 is crazy and just do elbow dash all the time. I ran that MU a lot with THTB at FR and we were literally going back and forth. I had to use Sonya to win most of the matches which is way worse for Reptile IMO.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Great vid guys! Scoot and I were practicing this early and its not so bad at all. Like Scoot said, if anything we can reverse pressure or combo if she does anything but block.