What's new

Prometheus

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I saw it last night, it was pretty good but the development on a lot of the characters was really really lacking. I didn't really care for the crew like I did in the first two Alien movies. 7/10

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
I look for strong motive and strong character arch in my 'best movies of all time', alien is one of the best movies of all time, prometheus is not. It had ok plot, but no character to back it up. Possibly the best sci fi I've seen in the theater in my adult life, but was missing half of what makes a truly great film.

I normally don't compare modern movies to the best of all time but when you get Ridley Scott returning to the alien universe it begs for comparison. Don't get me wrong, I expected and wanted this to be very different from the original, it lacked the fundamentals.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

I'm seeing it tonight, already bought my tickets. Do you know these people, if not they're probably just random internet haters.
I saw it this morning. They weren't bluffing. Kinda dumb like they cut out two hours by random. The lead actress drove me nuts, I can't believe she didn't die in it because she uses god mode cheets.

Enenra

Go to hell.
Eh, I liked it a lot and so did the people who saw it with me.

I'm seeing it again, maybe my opinion will be changed the second time around. Alien received similar criticism at first, this movie may just be a love it or hate it kind of deal.

aj1701

Noob
I saw this last night. I thought it was good, although I don't know why they botherd with 3D. There were a few parts where I felt like there was a scene deleted that would better explain something, but they were minor plot points, and the bigger questions the movie raised were pretty cool. Very interested to see where they take this, the universe looks interesting.

Enenra

Go to hell.
I saw this last night. I thought it was good, although I don't know why they botherd with 3D. There were a few parts where I felt like there was a scene deleted that would better explain something, but they were minor plot points, and the bigger questions the movie raised were pretty cool. Very interested to see where they take this, the universe looks interesting.
Yes, there are deleted scenes ;__;

SunnyD Sgt Reed 24
I'm writing my review tomorrow when opening weekend is done.

LMAO! is this really a prequel to alien?

I remember watching this and saying to myself "dang, this is such a ripoff of alien, i wouldnt be suprised if this is a prequel or something. even that alien at the very end looks like the aliens in alien"

LionHeart V1

You will feel deaths cold embrace
It was good, but could have been much better. I just felt like not alot happened in the movie. They also didn't explain why the space jockey was trying to kill everyone. They left lots of stuff unanswered probably because they intend to do a sequel. The characters weren't that good. The captain and David were great though. Favorite part of the movie was the very end.

Also this is not really a prequel to alien since it doesn't lead into it. Its more of its own story set in the same universe. Its just telling a different story about different characters.

aj1701

Noob
Yes, there are deleted scenes ;__;
Well there are always deleted scenes, but they are typically scenes the audience can live without. In this case, a later scene made little sense because of it. I look forward to your review though; just remember the spolier tags ;-)

Charlize Theron might as well not even been in the movie. At least she showed a little skin though.

Enenra

Go to hell.
Well there are always deleted scenes, but they are typically scenes the audience can live without. In this case, a later scene made little sense because of it. I look forward to your review though; just remember the spolier tags ;-)
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the entire review will be a giant spoiler tag :D

AK Gookus

Slant-eyed Nightwing
About to sit down and watch Alien3 and 4....Thoroughly enjoyed 1 and 2 last night. I know they won't be as good but still high hopes.

Edited after watching...WTF.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
It was great, very solid movie. Hessner stole the show for sure, was not crazy about noomi's character. Charlize Theron was bad, I dont see what other people see in her...then again maybe it was her character.

The only thing that made me go WTF was when....actually:
Noomi Papace gave herself a C-Section.....AND STARTED RUNNING AROUND. Like what the fuck lol.

Not nearly as good as Alien or Aliens but would highly recommend it.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
I enjoyed Prometheus, but I don't think I'm alone in saying I'd rather have had another straight up Alien movie directed by Ridley. Still Prometheus is solid 8/10.

Enenra

Go to hell.
I enjoyed Prometheus, but I don't think I'm alone in saying I'd rather have had another straight up Alien movie directed by Ridley. Still Prometheus is solid 8/10.
I agree with this. Prometheus was good, but...

I want to see THE Alien killing people.