What's new

Problems regarding server connections

Jhin

"Art is worth the pain."
Has anyone been experiencing server disconnections from out of nowhere? I swear to god, since last patch my game tends to present me this error saying that the MK11 servers are unavailable, and it pulls me straight to the main menu (where you have to play start), making me lose my progress towards towers, online matches and even the krypt.

I believe it may have something to do with last patch, but i'm not sure if it might have corrupted my game files somehow or this is just a plain bug from the patch. Can anyone help me with this matter?

EDIT 1 - I'm on PS4

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
It's been doing this to me since launch and no patch fixed this. I get them in the ToT and in the Krypt, but never online (which is good I guess), but it's still hella annoying. I'm on PS4 and on a wired connection too. It also does it to me on the PC version and it's wired as well.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
It's been doing this to me since launch and no patch fixed this. I get them in the ToT and in the Krypt, but never online (which is good I guess), but it's still hella annoying. I'm on PS4 and on a wired connection too. It also does it to me on the PC version and it's wired as well.
Damn you're STILL having those issues? I was having those at launch, but the patch pretty much fixed those issues for me. I guess some ppl are still experiencing that. :(

But now more ppl are experiencing issues with online matches including myself. Something in this patch made online unstable.

Jhin

"Art is worth the pain."
Fuck. Then that means I might come across that problem too. Ugh....Is your connection wired or wifi?
I hope you dont get it, man. I tried wifi and wired, thought it might have something to do with that, but I already got disconnected on both cases, so... Completely unsure on what might be causing this.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I hope you dont get it, man. I tried wifi and wired, tought it might have something to do with that, but I already got disconnected on both cases, so... Completely unsure on what might be causing this.
Apparently its the patch. We're just gonna have to wait until NRS fixes their network.

Jhin

"Art is worth the pain."
At least you're not getting this error online haha

The first time that happened to me it was online, I thought it was just a server or internet connection error, but I guess I was wrong, oh well. Gotta wait and hope for that patch, then.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Damn you're STILL having those issues? I was having those at launch, but the patch pretty much fixed those issues for me. I guess some ppl are still experiencing that. :(

But now more ppl are experiencing issues with online matches including myself. Something in this patch made online unstable.
Damn, that's weird. I sometimes get disconnects online in KOTH, actually pretty often, but it seems it's always other players and not me. But 1v1s and ranked matches are really stable on my end.

trufenix

bye felicia
I get them all the time, all modes, since launch. Almost guaranteed if I try to resume the game from doing anything else on my PS4. I've gotten in the habit of just closing the application and firing it up fresh every time, seems to help.

SpiceWeasel

Nothing personal mate!
I get them in Ranked very often, do i get a loss for that? Does anybody know?

Private Online 1vs1 no disconnects at all

trufenix

bye felicia
I get them in Ranked very often, do i get a loss for that? Does anybody know?

Private Online 1vs1 no disconnects at all
I don't have any extra Ls I don't think, but I have no idea what it looks like for the other guy cause it won't even go back into ranked until you close the app and reopen. Sometimes I lose souls and currency if I'm in the krypt though, so maybe?!

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
It's weird, because it's perfect for most people, but then a few people have shared that they consistently get disconnected.

I'm wondering if it's something internet-related.. Can you guys list the area of the world/country where you live and your ISP?

trufenix

bye felicia
It's weird, because it's perfect for most people, but then a few people have shared that they consistently get disconnected.

I'm wondering if it's something internet-related.. Can you guys list the area of the world/country where you live and your ISP?
PS4, EST, Cleveland, Ohio

Edit: I don't have any problems when it works. Like actual matches, the modes, everything, flawless, and even when its disconnected the ps4 is still on line, you can even still buy DLC (of course).

Vslayer

Lead Moderator

I'm beginning to think it may be the problem. I live in Quebec, Canada. And my ISP is Telebec. But I've never had problems like these in online games before, I have the quickest internet speed for my area, so it's weird.

Jhin

"Art is worth the pain."

I live in Brazil, so I dont think there's a direct relation to location, maybe not at first glance, at least. My internet is the best possible (at least in Brazil standards, which are pretty low on that end, but what can you do), so I really have no idea what might be causing this.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I'm on Xbox and I'm not having server connection issues but I'm having unplayable lag after the patch.

Its made the following impossible:
Counter Poking, Reactions, AA, Reads, Ducking Projectiles and High attacks, Combos, Flawless Block, Jailing from pokes etc.
Its like a completely different game and meta online vs offline.
I feel cheated when I lose and feel nasty when I win. No matter the outcome I feel someone's been cheated because of the lag(6-12f lag)
I'm Wired and have above average Internet and only play 120ms connections that are wired at worst. I generally go for 30ms(rare) 60ms(not many, usually WiFi)
Even when the connection says its 30-90ms in game it fluctuates and feels like 200ms+
Like being underwater and fundamentals are none exsistant.
Online was great before last patch.

Jhin

"Art is worth the pain."
I'm on Xbox and I'm not having server connection issues but I'm having unplayable lag after the patch.

Counter Poking, Reactions, AA, Reads, Ducking Projectiles and High attacks, Combos, Flawless Block, Jailing from pokes etc.
I feel cheated when I lose and feel nasty when I win. No matter the outcome I feel someone's been cheated because of the lag(6-12f lag)
I'm Wired and have above average Internet and only play 120ms connections that are wired at worst. I generally go for 30ms(rare) 60ms(not many, usually WiFi)
Even when the connection says its 30-90ms in game it fluctuates and feels like 200ms+
Damn, man. That's even worse. NRS should have a look on this issue and what caused it

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot

Same and I have 1 gig download and 1 gig upload speed and still have issues with someone in Michigan and I live in PA and he has good connection not to mention the randoms I play online

Gaxkang

Banned
I'm on PC and I get random server disconnects. I thought it was my Internet at first but nah, it's the game.

It was going on before the last patch, and continues. When the game first came out, I don't remember it happening that much at all.