What's new

Problems playing online

Sullen

Noob
Ok, so my PS2 is connected to my home LAN, and I've got Cox high speed internet. The internet service in my house works awesome, my internet explorer loads up in less than a second. I can log into Online Kombat, log in to my name, get into a room, accept or issue a challenge, choose my character, and load the match with no problems. But a few seconds into the actual match it always says "Connection was lost with the other player" or something like that. It then registers a disconnect on my record. Any ideas on what the problem might be. This happened 10 times last night with 10 different opponents.

dreemernj

Ambassador
Sullen said:
Ok, so my PS2 is connected to my home LAN, and I've got Cox high speed internet. The internet service in my house works awesome, my internet explorer loads up in less than a second. I can log into Online Kombat, log in to my name, get into a room, accept or issue a challenge, choose my character, and load the match with no problems. But a few seconds into the actual match it always says "Connection was lost with the other player" or something like that. It then registers a disconnect on my record. Any ideas on what the problem might be. This happened 10 times last night with 10 different opponents.
It could be your connection. It can browse and download fast and still have trouble running certain types of games.

Also, it could be your router. I've had routers that I couldn't even start a match on Kaillera through.

Sullen

Noob
dreemernj said:
Sullen said:
It could be your connection. It can browse and download fast and still have trouble running certain types of games.

Also, it could be your router. I've had routers that I couldn't even start a match on Kaillera through.
Thanks for the help, I guess I'll try and switch routers to see if that helps