What's new

Problems fighting the sorcerer.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
downplayer? But LBSH, Shang does have good footsies and it starts with the SS which is something that is best used at max range. Mixing up SS, D3 and D4 is how your play Shang and if you limit these things (especially SS) then you probably beat him.
we'll i wouldn't mind practicing against you. character specific MU's are the one thing i need to work on but can't very well cuz my only options are Either online (which Sux) or playing with Illmatix (who Mains Ermac, so i really only get Ermac Exp).

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
he does but not when you get inside SS and around max D4 he doesn't have many options

LBSH all YOU do in that distance is jump or back-up SS lol :p
Yea, it's harder. At that point you have to dash in and poke (or bait a poke), F+4 into pressure or backup and SS like you said. It's just reads.

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
Just abuse his wakeup. He has only ex-soulsteal, and since last patch it was speed up, so that you can cross him up and full combo punish if input' too early.

d3 OTGs, pressure him like there's no tomorrow.

kanaida

Kanaida (MK9 Dashboard for android)
Hmmm... Trick outs up close work but only if your opponent doesn't have sharingan eyes. I fought kabals like kleet4h so many times that I can block and counter that stuff like reflexes now, but many people can't. Its hard to see and compute if u don't use kabal. The other strategy is go basic. Fundamentals maybe. The unexpected lol

kanaida

Kanaida (MK9 Dashboard for android)
Do you really fight many shangs online? Besides me using him always, I only played 3 shang matches in 3 months if that... I agree on the fast soul steal too. That hits me here and here and there if I time it wrong.