What's new

Question - Cybernetic Problems against Ermac

Devin Thorn

chimp damage
Alright so here's a question for you guys that related to a match i had online, I was Cyber Kano playing against an MoS Ermac who was playing very annoyingly. Basically if you ran in on him he would mash d3 I believe it was and if you blocked it he would go for an overhead kick, which I generally blocked but then he would go right back to the d3 and I couldn't punish it on block and when I would back dash he would teleport and I would block it and attempt to punish but my punish would either wiff or he would stuff it with a poke of some sort or bait and uppercut me. I also think he was using a couple safe strings as well. I'm not complaining as I know I just need to learn exactly what to do in those situations, any ideas? I was able to open him up a few times for good damage but his turtling and poking killed me. Wish I had footage. I've certainly bested better players than him and lag may have been a bit of a factor at times, I'm not super used to online yet. Sorry for the long post!

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
This is a lag tactic... his F4 (overhead) is punishable on block, whether he cancels into a special or not. The only way he could do this safely is with EX force blast after F4. Teleport is -17 so should also be a guaranteed punish.... he's dialling in the D1 after teleport which is scrubby as fuck but win-win since online if you don't punish the teleport he can start his pressure. He's basically fucking trash and it sounds like you got scrubbed out.

You may have noticed already but online is garbage as NRS like to keep costs low and profit sky high. Buy more skins tho rite LOL

I was having issues too earlier today - I hadn't played against a competent Ermac before.

My main is Sonya though so I have a super fricken fast d3 that I use to counter poke on block. I am not sure how I would have handled it otherwise so I would be interested to see what people suggest.

For the record we ended on 12-2. It took me the first two round losses to figure out a way to beat the poke into the overhead kick. Then I had to adjust to the low -> overhead 17% hard knockdown combo Ermac has :/

Devin Thorn

chimp damage
That's exactly what it felt like was happening. I'm not an awesome player I mean I just got into fighting games this year, but I'm decent and sure as shit know how to punish Ermac's teleport. But while we are here what are some ways you like to open people up with Kano? I use b1, b13, d3, d1 and his sweep a lot, plus I like to back dash and then use f4 to a laser but it gets a little predictable at times

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
His d3 hitting me repeatedly even if I block then getting mixed up right after makes me very salty. I know I can poke but it's aggravating

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
I'll need to hit the lab to test out a few things in detail but generally you NEVER want to run in on anybody with Cybernetic Kano. Zone with knives and bait for the teleport, go for Kano's d3 and d4 after blocking the teleport and try for a grab. Up close always try to be f4/b2 distance away from Ermac and punish accordingly. If he jumps, try to anti-air with b1 as it is a really good anti-air tool and can lead into combos.. This isn't much but I hope it helps.

rematch him - pick Jacqui - cheapely zone him out - make him cry
repeat these steps untill "QUITALITY"