What's new

Primal Rage II

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
This game is now at GGA courtesy of @Tom Brady and there has been some footage streamed from GGA by @GGA HAN @GGA Fill Pops and @GGA soonk.

SRK Article:
http://shoryuken.com/2014/06/22/brookfield-illinois-galloping-ghost-arcade-acquires-rare-primal-rage-ii-prototype-board/

GGA stream archives:
http://www.twitch.tv/gallopingghostarcade/b/540914134
http://www.twitch.tv/gallopingghostarcade/b/540938626

There is virtually no information on the Internet regarding gameplay, moves, specials, etc.

Could anyone at GGA or anyone who has played this game post some knowledge here?

Three variations of characters?:
Human with Dinosaur super
Dinosaur with Human super
Human with no super but ability to change back and forth between Dinosaur and Human at any time.

Here is a screenshot of the movelist:

Arcade image from California Extreme:

Youtube video about it:

Last edited:

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
This game is now at GGA courtesy of @Tom Brady and there has been some footage streamed from GGA by @GGA HAN @GGA Fill Pops and @GGA soonk.

SRK Article:
http://shoryuken.com/2014/06/22/brookfield-illinois-galloping-ghost-arcade-acquires-rare-primal-rage-ii-prototype-board/

GGA stream archives:
http://www.twitch.tv/gallopingghostarcade/b/540914134
http://www.twitch.tv/gallopingghostarcade/b/540938626

There is virtually no information on the Internet regarding gameplay, moves, specials, etc.

Could anyone at GGA or anyone who has played this game post some knowledge here?

Three variations of characters?:
Human with Dinosaur super
Dinosaur with Human super
Human with no super but ability to change back and forth between Dinosaur and Human at any time.

Here is a screenshot of the movelist:

Arcade image from California Extreme:

Youtube video about it:
i honestly never got to much into this game (well part 1). The moves were werid with the hold 2 /3 buttons then do a motion (Blizzards freeze etc...) The console ports were crap. 16 bit verisons missing finishers & on top of that the ps1 version had the worst load times!!! But I do remember part 1 in my local arcade next to MK2, Viruta Fighther & a bootleg Street Fighter 2 (think air moves change characters etc..). I never knew the history of part 2 that detailed though as i remember hearing of part II then never playing it.

Looking foward to some videos of the gameplay as i grew up with pt1 and love it or hate it i am intrested. Thanks for the info @Konqrr :)

EDIT: 1 day we will be able to play this on mame. But i doubt it soon because most people don't know about this game. Did they even get wargods to work correctly on mame as of yet?

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

Ah, good old Primal Rage. Never knew a second one was in the works.

I remember Chaos's urination fatality from the first one. I wonder if the second has anything bizarre like that.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
You guys are so fucking lucky to have that game in your arcade. Tom Brady is the fuckin man for hookin you guys up with that.

I hope you guys stream more of the game.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I've always been intrigued by this game. I knew it existed but I've only seen screenshots up until today. I watched Han run through the arcade ladder this morning. It is really awesome to see. The end boss I believe was named Necrosan. Sort of reminded me of Azazel from Tekken 6. I would kill for an arcade like GGA where I live. There's absolutely NOTHING.

E

Eldriken

I've always been intrigued by this game. I knew it existed but I've only seen screenshots up until today. I watched Han run through the arcade ladder this morning. It is really awesome to see. The end boss I believe was named Necrosan. Sort of reminded me of Azazel from Tekken 6. I would kill for an arcade like GGA where I live. There's absolutely NOTHING.
Same here. Not in the area I live in anyway. It sucks.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I finally got to play Primal Rage 2 last night, and I will post my impressions here.

-This game is VERY fluid feeling. Especially by an old games standard. It's actually extremely fun to play because of this.
-Walk speed in this game is really fast.
-The game is chain combos, so a basic combo is LP, MP, HP, HP+HK (launcher) cancelled into a special. This does about 15-20% dmg. It seems like damage scaling off light attacks is pretty harsh.
-Every char has an overhead with F+HK. They seem kind of like shit though. Super slow, and you can cancel into launcher (HP+HK) or a special, which is generally unsafe. I personally don't bother with this and just mix up low and throw.
-Throws are done with F+HP. These throws seem to be command grabs. They cannot be teched (as far as I can tell) and have an animation on whiff if they whiff. Pretty interesting.
-Supers are done with all 3 punches or all 3 kicks. Each char has at least 2 different supers from what I can tell. They are all invincible. The best ones are the ones that end in sending the opponent full screen, because the transformation time after it gives your opponent a setup on you otherwise sometimes. Some are punishable on hit, or drop it mid combo. A few seem to be safe on block. It's really a mixed bag if your char has one that doesn't suck. They do about 25%, but theres a weird bug where if the first hit or two whiffs, then the rest connect it does like 50%.
-Frame data at times is pretty whack. For example, Xiao Ming's hundred hand slap move is punishable on hit, and maybe not on block (since it has big pushback)
-Moves generally have big pushback, but lots of chars have huge range. I played mostly Arik and many of his normals reached like half screen.
-I personally haven't found any block or hit infinites in the first few hours of playing, so thats a good sign.

Aside from some bugs, and a few obvious issues with frame data, this game is very impressive for an alpha game. It looks kind of dumb, but plays great.