What's new

Price Levels for MK9 Kollector's and Tournament Editions (Official)

what that hell the tourney edition comes with that it cost that much ? same for the kollector's edition. . . i mean $40 more than the game by itself it better comes with mkhd

techn9ne

Footsies
Pre-orders at GS are LIVE. :)
ok so I have a question for you Tim. I have never played on a stick before, and I have been reading for the past few hours and I have no idea about HAPP ans stuff like that. Pretty much what I am trying to say is:

Would this be a good time to get a stick?
Do you think this stick is a good one, or do you think it will be cheeply made and not worth the extra money?
Would I be able to use it on mk trilogy that I play on my PS3?

If you could help me out here, I would really appreciate it, Im trying to decide if I want to get the TE or KE

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
what that hell the tourney edition comes with that it cost that much ? same for the kollector's edition. . . i mean $40 more than the game by itself it better comes with mkhd
A good arcade stick normally costs $150 or more...you're basically getting the stick for $90. If the stick is of superb quality (no pun intended), then yeah, it's well worth it.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
From here on out, nothing else matters to me money wise other then Kollectors and Tournament Editions...between Christmas and my B-day in march I'm making it happen and actually have interest on playing on a stick again.

Tim, btw dude the second link don't work man...getting no image.

THTB

Also, Tech:

-For MK-related uses, getting the TE is an amazing investment
-HAPP is American parts...but still great quality
-As far as I know, aren't the official and some off-brand PS3 controllers the only ones compatible with PSOne games? If that's the case, I don't think the TE stick will work for that, but there is Trilogy for the PC, so yeah

techn9ne

Footsies
Also, Tech:

-For MK-related uses, getting the TE is an amazing investment
-HAPP is American parts...but still great quality
-As far as I know, aren't the official and some off-brand PS3 controllers the only ones compatible with PSOne games? If that's the case, I don't think the TE stick will work for that, but there is Trilogy for the PC, so yeah
So I have another question... Seeing as I would like to get mame so I can play umk3 on my computer, would this stick work for that?

THTB

Wouldn't see why not, unless they specifically note it won't work on a PC, which would be stupid.

techn9ne

Footsies
Thanks THTB, I think I am just gonna bite the bullet and get the TE... It just seems like to good of a deal to pass up. Hell If I make good money over the Christmas break, Ill just get both KE and TE, becasue I really would like the art book. Too bad they don't have like BYO package type of thing

Tim Static

Adminerator
I've already pre-ordered 3 doubles....

2 single games - 1 each console, 2 kollector's edition - 1 each console (will be 1 sub and 1 scorp) and 2 tournament editions - 1 each console)

So i will have 2 Ps3 single games and 2 single 360 games.

Might need to have some contests/giveaways on the triangle of MK domination, UMK-CMK-TYM :coffee:

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Wait... Its just 149.99 for the game and TE?

If so, im getting two MK9 games next year... lol

SZSR

Noob
What's your estimate on the preorder in your area Tim?

I'm asking because my parents won't get paid 'til the 24th of December in which case the tourney edition could already be sold out by preorder, do have info. on how many preorders each retailer gets? Maybe 50 or so?

Tim Static

Adminerator
What's your estimate on the preorder in your area Tim?

I'm asking because my parents won't get paid 'til the 24th of December in which case the tourney edition could already be sold out by preorder, do have info. on how many preorders each retailer gets? Maybe 50 or so?
It depends. It they are swamped with a ton of pre-orders, it could go very fast.

Now with that being said, at Gamestop, you dont need to pay off the entire amount to pre-order.

$5 for single game and actually, the KE should be $10, but it was $5 today when i did mine. The TE is a $25 pre-order. You can also use trade in's to help pay for these pre-orders too.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
It depends. It they are swamped with a ton of pre-orders, it could go very fast.

Now with that being said, at Gamestop, you dont need to pay off the entire amount to pre-order.

$5 for single game and actually, the KE should be $10, but it was $5 today when i did mine. The TE is a $25 pre-order. You can also use trade in's to help pay for these pre-orders too.
Dammit, I wanted the game early...

I guess im gonna have to go with stupid gamestop... no offense Tim... but you work for the devil himself. :)

Can I haz a job?

Tim Static

Adminerator
Dammit, I wanted the game early...

I guess im gonna have to go with stupid gamestop... no offense Tim... but you work for the devil himself. :)

Can I haz a job?
none taken. I STRONGLY DISLIKE the company. dont ever think i love this company lol. you should hear me talk about AT WORK :p

Sure, we could use some peeps who know, little things. like oh say....THE ALPHABET? lol

techn9ne

Footsies
none taken. I STRONGLY DISLIKE the company. dont ever think i love this company lol. you should hear me talk about AT WORK :p

Sure, we could use some peeps who know, little things. like oh say....THE ALPHABET? lol
If I already pre-ordered the game in june, can I just move that pre-order to the TE, and pay the difference?

Tim Static

Adminerator
If I already pre-ordered the game in june, can I just move that pre-order to the TE, and pay the difference?
absolutely. and i dont think you have to pay anything extra. When i did my KE's today, it was still only $5. So just have them switch the sku you want to pre-order :)

techn9ne

Footsies
absolutely. and i dont think you have to pay anything extra. When i did my KE's today, it was still only $5. So just have them switch the sku you want to pre-order :)
Im really having a hard time deciding which one I want to pre-order... I have never played on a stick before, I just wonder if I would like it