What's new

Question Pressure with Smoke: 3 D1 2 or 32?

Enenra

Go to hell.
Which is the better block string and why? I, as a new Smoker, don't know and would like to. Thanks.

id say 3 d+1, 2
1st cause its 3 hits more chip more meter.
d+1 is mid so crouchin opponents will get hit (almost never happens)
then its easier to smoke away or toward during a block string ( sure u can do it at 3, 2 also but its harder)
not sure bout 3,2 but i have heard that ur at advantage wit the other string meaning u can do a d+1 poke..but other pokes can beat u out (can also lead to a AA)

i havent messed enough with 3,2 and it may be better but this is what i kno..i wanna see other peoples answers aswell

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Mix it up, you shouldnt solely us one string, 3d12,d1 works similarly to 32,d1 frame "trap" wise, except the opponent has more time to think during 3d12. You give up chip and a small bit of meter using 32 over 3d12 though so consider that.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
You can also try just 3d1, KT Smith swears by that. I don't much like it, but I'm an online scrub so what do I know.
This works on people who dont know its coming, i used it with a bit of success last night at casuals, but on players who know to expect it or can recognise it on reaction then its being stuffed.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
As far as I can tell, the only reason the 32 string exists is for corner juggles. Smoke's pressure options really revolve around d4.

hardwire

Noob
You can also try just 3d1, KT Smith swears by that. I don't much like it, but I'm an online scrub so what do I know.
3d1 is a lot safer but i would only sugest it against some one like kung lau or reptile (some one with a 6 frame punish) otherwise you can just smoke away and be fine

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
As far as I can tell, the only reason the 32 string exists is for corner juggles.
WRONG.

That is why 32 exists. :p

But in all seriousness, 3d12 is the string of choice. 3 hits = more meter, more chip, and a larger wheel of options all-around.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
3d12 - aside from more chip damage it just gives you way more options in general. For example, you can 3d12 combo obviously if the 3 hits, poke after the string is blocked to space for more offense, or cut the combo short at 3d1 and mix in a throw if the opponent is trained to block the whole string.