What's new

Pressure Vs Zoning Vs Mix ups. which you think will dominate in MK this time around?

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Given how almost each character has at least one of these in their variations (if used correctly) ,which one do you think will dominate tourneys this time around? since its not technically a traditional MK we've seen before due to variations. Thoughts? don't care if its the usual bland "wut" responses b/c I can be a sarcastic sob too. Been thinking about this for awhile.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
50/50 + pressure.

It seems like that's almost all you see at top-level tournaments.

Nate

Mutant Rebel
I'm just going to throw it out there and say pressure. Between DJT's fisticuff's in the corner, the non-stop jab cross from Jax and people like Kung Lao gettin' all up in your face. I just think it's badass to see pressure applied like that, and it seems to be working well for a lot of people.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
50/50 + pressure.

It seems like that's almost all you see at top-level tournaments.
True, in MK9 it was mostly Kabal, Cyrax, Jax, Sonya KL etc. mostly pressure. hopefully this makes it for others to dominate as well or at least give them a chance.

StealthyMuffin

Earth's Mightiest Knucklehead
wut

The effectiveness of a playstyle depends on the player and the character. However, most good players and characters are pressure/mix-up oriented. Zoning just seems unviable in this game.