What's new

Pressure game combo's...

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
generally a fireball isn't safe on block. i've tried it with 3,1.
Does this blockstring create added hitstun that does make this safe?
Well it knocks the opponent back on block so maybe its safe. I usually do a TKP after B114 to bait them and cause it has a fast animation and its kinda hard to punish it cause of the knock back 4 does. 31 doesnt knock back thats why the fb is unsafe.

QjonPL

Low Tier Fanatic
(...)try doing any one of Ermac's strings and seeing how long it would take to follow up with f4?
b1~f4 works surprisingly well, because the opp expects us to finish the b114 string; b1's recovery on block is really fast, so throwing out anything after naked (blocked) b1 (throw, sweep, f4) is a good way to catch them off guard.

zaf

professor
ok so few things.

phil, generally the best string to do a f4 after is 3,1.
after an opponent blocks 1,2,1 you can do an f4 as well. I've had success with this.
after b114 there is push back so you would have to dash in and do the f4. The best time to start doing f4 after b114 is when you have trained them to block after this string. Say you do it once or twice and they try to jump on you or attack back you punish them with tks. Now that they know they will eat tks if they do anything you can dash in and pressure again.

- I've also done this with much success. b1 ( stop the string here) f4. ( qjonpl just posted this above )
Once you hit the opponent with b114 and trained them to block it all they do not suspect you do stop short.
If you use 131, you can do the same here. 1 is very fast and you can cancel this into f4,throw,u4. Same set up as b1

as for the u4. what kamikaze says is true. Read what he said. No one expects u4 because it is so slow. After a jump in you can use it.
It does not matter if it does not lead to anything. It opens people up like kami said.

Also since i play against mileena the most, and she pokes a looooot, i have started to use u4 against her.
When she pokes, she is generally going to poke more then once. If you read it right u4 will go over all of her pokes and knock her down.

I have videos up were i lose to my mileena friend. But in the video you can see me doing this. as well as many other ways to punish her pokes.
In the matches i was testing a lot of my new stuff and trying to rush down more then zone. SO i was not as consistent against mileena as i could be.
not to take away from jer. You will also see how to punish ex teleport with ermac.
youtube "zaf vs jer ft4"

Can someone test this for me.

B11~levitate airblast.
I think the hitstun on b11 creates enough time to not get hit when you levitate.

zaf

professor
There really is no pushback from just b11.

I've tested on multiple characters blocking, all get hit by the airblast in this string.
The only thing i do not know is, can you get hit before the airblast comes out?
Possibly ducking would beat this out as well,

zaf

professor
yes you cancel at b11, so the input is as follows : b11ddu.
Try to do it faster if anything, but the levitate comes out after the second 1. Opponent still in hitstun at this point, then you airblast.
Airblast will hit a blocking/ not blocking opponent.

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
There really is no pushback from just b11.

I've tested on multiple characters blocking, all get hit by the airblast in this string.
The only thing i do not know is, can you get hit before the airblast comes out?
Possibly ducking would beat this out as well,
yea the one thing about levitating up close is that an opponent will uppercut on reaction. I dunno if airblast will beat uc but I doubt it.. Also a teleport wouldnt work up close because the opponent could keep blocking or they can punish it before he actually teleports..

Big Frog

Noob
Yeah, wasn't sure if you meant the full B11 or not.

And there's def enough time to get the airblast out while they're stunned after a full B11. However if you cancel the B11 into levitate it's very, very close midscreen. B11 cancel stun, or full B11 stun are both long enough to get the blast out in the corner.

Ruuku1012

Real Talker
I'm surprised nobody mentioned b2 since we are talking about close range pressure. For some reason my opponents twitch even when I charge a b2 out of range (they don't seem to realize that it has really short reach) so I often get some good punishes.

Alright so B3,4 is unsafe mid-combo. What about just B3? And if you can hit after 3 in 3,1,2, what about just pressuring with 3?
I haven't tested that after the latest patch but 3 by itself is also unsafe.

I started this last night and all i have to say is that please everyone use f2. There are situations where this is amazing. I got the idea from the two players i mentioned, to be even more confusing.
See that's why I've been preaching about f2. It's not only good against lows. You can some efficient mix ups and it leave you a good amount of time to read your opponent. If you back dash after it you can bait some juicy whiffs.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Yeap F2 is an amazing move. B2 feints also. F2 is also very good for creating close spacing for down pokes and baits.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
if anyone is feeling adventurous here is Ermac's highest damage meterless off of midscreen 3,1

3,1~TKS, dash in uppercut, dash in b+3~telepunch, slight dash 1,2~forcepush 42%

QjonPL

Low Tier Fanatic
But Lift'll be still at least -14 on block (I don't know the exact frames, I'm sure that TKP punishes TKS, so that's where I took thee 14 frames), so anyone can dash&punish.