What's new

Prepping for Power Up 2011 (Pre & Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Thread to discuss MK @ PowerUp 2011.

digimonemporer & myself are pretty much running MK, but we cant do it all alone. So Lucky Day will be a force there too. (Speaking of which, digimonemporer needs access to this thread, either by being modded or something ;))

Will need more PS3s, copies of the game, etc.

Also, who is getting a hotel room? Bone and I need a place to stay but i dont have a CC (anyone else?)

anyways....

Lets discuss. :coffee:

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
I would get the hotel, but I'm coming from Cali. If I get a flight delay, you guys are screwed.

Let me know how much you guys are willing to put down for a hotel. I'm 100% going to Power Up.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
right now im 50% thinking of going.. my problem right now is the 8 hour drive.. and money..

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
The current plan for MK setups is:

UMK3 on cab.

3 PS3s needed to run MK9.

I forget, Tim, but were you going to be able to bring your UMK3 cabinet? Totally understand if not, hauling that around is no picnic. Depending on how many people sign up for UMK3, we may have to use the Arcade Legacy cabinet and a MAME setup like the one you and Lucky Day use at the MOMOs events.

For the UMK3 exhibition event, I just want to do something that the players can get excited about. Initial idea is having top 3 Ohio UMK3 players versus top 3 out of state players who plan on attending PU2011. Open to suggestions on exhibition format.

For MK9 I believe it was Tim who suggested we try to do a team event if there's time / interest. An exhibition would be nice, but the game will still be so young that an exhibition may not get any hype.

And for anyone looking for a quick reference for the LaQuinta's pricing for PowerUp 2011, it's $55 / night for double rooms, $60 / night for king rooms, and don't forget to mention you're part of the "PowerUp" group.

Thanks for all the support!

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
If I mailed the triforce banner, could you guys put it up? The best way to hang it would be tacks.

It's a 2'x8' banner.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
The current plan for MK setups is:

UMK3 on cab.

I forget, Tim, but were you going to be able to bring your UMK3 cabinet? Totally understand if not, hauling that around is no picnic. Depending on how many people sign up for UMK3, we may have to use the Arcade Legacy cabinet and a MAME setup like the one you and Lucky Day use at the MOMOs events.

For the UMK3 exhibition event, I just want to do something that the players can get excited about. Initial idea is having top 3 Ohio UMK3 players versus top 3 out of state players who plan on attending PU2011. Open to suggestions on exhibition format.

For MK9 I believe it was Tim who suggested we try to do a team event if there's time / interest. An exhibition would be nice, but the game will still be so young that an exhibition may not get any hype.

And for anyone looking for a quick reference for the LaQuinta's pricing for PowerUp 2011, it's $55 / night for double rooms, $60 / night for king rooms, and don't forget to mention you're part of the "PowerUp" group.

Thanks for all the support!
Thats cheap! I need to start looking at flight tickets.

Wheres my damn Check dammit!

Tim Static

Adminerator
UMK3 on cab.

I'd love to bring my cab, but i doubt i can get it down there. i'll try. but lucky is working on a UMK3 super gun too. Might have it ready by then. If not we will definitely run it on AL's cab and a mame set up, that way pad players can play too.

as far for exhibitions, lets see what ideas we can get in this thread.

you got enough Tvs/monitors?

eh, i think it was Webster who suggested that. i think that 10 days or so into release, 2v2 might just be left to casuals. we'll see.

Osirun said:
cool, i'll bring a set up for MK9 to the hotel room. sticks/tv/system/game.

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
What's this banner look like? I'm sure we could find space to put it up.

@Tim: We should have enough TVs/monitors as long as we fill up the TV/SETUP Incentive List with player donations. I've got different numbers of TVs and consoles allocated for specific games throughout the weekend. We still need about 13 PS3s for the weekend, and all donors do get discounts as stated at the top of the TV/SETUP Incentive List page.

Basically, we'll have 32 setups at PU2011, including the stream station. For all three days we'll be splitting up those 32 setups into estimated need for each game. If it turns out games like MK9, AH3, or maybe BBCS, have more players than we anticipate, we'll have to reallocate. At most we may have to search out some extra setups to put up.

Tim Static

Adminerator
What's this banner look like? I'm sure we could find space to put it up.

@Tim: We should have enough TVs/monitors as long as we fill up the TV/SETUP Incentive List with player donations. I've got different numbers of TVs and consoles allocated for specific games throughout the weekend. We still need about 13 PS3s for the weekend, and all donors do get discounts as stated at the top of the TV/SETUP Incentive List page.

Basically, we'll have 32 setups at PU2011, including the stream station. For all three days we'll be splitting up those 32 setups into estimated need for each game. If it turns out games like MK9, AH3, or maybe BBCS, have more players than we anticipate, we'll have to reallocate. At most we may have to search out some extra setups to put up.
if us MK guys can provide the set ups for MK then you can use whatever else is donated for the other games/set ups. I'd like to keep the MK9 going all weekend, for casuals AND tourney matches. also anything else we bring and dont need can be used for other games.

with that being said, i can probably do 2 PS3s, 1 19' LCD monitor, and at least 1 flat screen tube tv. and of course a copy of MK9 for both ps3s, and 2 mk sticks.

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
@Tim: I can make sure your donations are used only for MK9, if you'd like. So that's no problem at all. I'll put you down for those MK9 copies and the second TV. Thanks!

Casuals space is gonna be tight. Those 32 setups might be the only ones we have space for, and if they're all full up due to tournaments, you may have to move casuals to the LaQuinta. Jesse and I need to finalize the table/chair layout and figure out exactly how much space we really have at AL, and I'm going to try my best to make room for a couple casuals tables inside the venue.

I think I may ask for a couple extra TVs and PS3s on the incentive list just to make sure we get enough to cover all the other games. But at least I don't have to worry about having MK setups! : )

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
At the venue for PowerUp 2011? I will be running brackets / organizing, Jesse (the Arcade Legacy owner) will be organizing and doing registration work. Right now I've got around 18 other people planned to aide with brackets, registration, food service, and the stream. So, about 20 people in all will be running the event, with Jesse and myself as the head TOs.

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
Casuals at hotel doesn't bother me. It's right around the corner.

Let us know if you need anything else.
Keep brainstorming about that UMK3 exhibition. A lot depends on which players can make it out, but deciding on an Ohio team, if indeed 3v3 is the format, should be fairly simple.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Meh, whatever. He's old news. If he comes who cares, he's going to get bodied anyway.
Not really the point tho. Point is, a while back, those 2 tools with Shock, 9.95 etc agreed to stop the bullshit. So recently, via twitter they are starting to attack us (Shock, me etc) and you already know Ben doesnt travel alone and will bring people to start shit. He isnt invited to EC events ran by us, so why would he be allowed to attend our tourneys in the midwest?? If he actually regged, then refund him and tell him no thanks. The drama and the garbage he brings isnt wanted or welcome.

I would hope that if he showed up everyone would be capable of being civil enough to just ignore him and let him be.

That's the thing, you guys get so defensive about him and Sans because they like to talk shit and start crap on the internet. Who cares? They're banned from all of the sites we care about.

Dude has THREE followers on twitter. How is he possibly doing any damage with anything he says. Because he can still post on MKU and other sites that are full of a hundred guys that all hate you just the same and none of us care about? The only reason these guys talk so much is because people continually respond.

He's not going to show up (because the tourney is advertised as being on arcade, and he would have asked about pads being used by now), but the problem goes away if people just put the shit aside and stop worrying so much about a 19 year old (Sans) and a 30 year old with the brain of a 19 year old.

Every other community has shit starters, and people who are cancers on the community. The thing is, nobody gives those guys a second of thought, because everyone knows who they are, and what they're about.

The fact that you (or someone) is following him closely enough on Twitter to be keeping any eye out for posts like that shows me you're giving him exactly what he wants, attention.

AC1984

Kaballin!
Nick, he wont BS offline because he wont dare to. Everything starts after the event. They are banned from every legitimate MK site so that should be enough to udnerstand the issue. Those two proved that they should not be allowed to attend and participate.They even messed with people's personal life which is way too much for a video game flaming.

P.S. I wish good luck to all players in all games.

Okay something isn't correct. because the bracket won't allow me to guide THTB and REO to 4th and 3rd (respectively).

Did someone else knock Tom Brady into losers (and not PL in winners finals)?

Here's the bracket for now:

Tim Static

Adminerator
No, Brady only lost to PL in winners final then he beat REO to make it to Grand Finals. But i cant even read what that bracket says. We did paper for the top 8 so i didnt use your laptop to finish it.

Status
Not open for further replies.