What's new

Predict the MK 11 Metacritic Score

Hostile_18

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42.
So with reviews just around the corner what does everyone think the Metacritic score will be? (when is the review embargo anyways).

Winner gets a cookie and a one on one sit down interview with Shao Kahn.

For reference the previous games got;

Mortal Kombat 9 = 84 (Ps3)
Injustice 1 = 78 (Ps3)
Mortal Kombat X = 83 (PS4)
Injustice 2 = 87 (PS4)

And the competition;

Tekken 7 = 82 (PS4)
Street Fighter 5 = 77 (PS4)
Soul Calibur 6 = 84 (PS4)

As for my prediction I'm going to go with one point higher than Injustice 2, so 88!

And yes this is just for fun, your own opinion is the most important etc etc ;)

Hostile_18

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42.
11, probably. :DOGE
Ouch lol.

I think the single player suite alone will earn alot of goodwill with the media, especially with Tekken and Street Fighter been lighter at launch in this regard.

Ps if any people who have the game want to give an early first impression score as well that will be interesting, just number only no spoilers! :)

Last edited:

Hostile_18

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42.
I think the highest rated fighter of all time on there is Street Fighter 4 with 94. Its got a uphill battle to beat that.

Hostile_18

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42.
85 (100)

-8 pts cuz it's a fighter and journalists suck at them

-5 writing in story mode

-2 roster size

Otherwise they'll praise it for being pretty and having tons of kontent. Kryptonite will be a big sell.
5 is alot to lose for story mode considering alot of fighters launch without one. But yeah i suppose a negative impression is worse than no impression lol.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
80-85 from critics
70 something from the players for the lack of Mileena, or we’re lucky and it’s 80.
I’d give it two scores myself

t3kwytch3r

Stone-Kold-Zoner
Very hard to give an honest estimation, but i would dare say that it'll be 90. Beautiful graphics, tons of kontent to appeal to kasuals such as scrubby video game journalists (especially the unique character intros, that alone adds reason to play multiple characters), in depth universal mechanics and exciting gameplay that rewards consideration.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
A big fat 90

Y'all gotta keep in mind these reviewers look at the shiny aspects of the game, so the story mode, how many game modes there are, if there's a replay value to it, if it's entertaining etc., they ain't gonna bitch about custom variations and their main having shit frame data or uninspired, horrid and downright abominable costumes.

Yeah, I'm not over it.

Hostile_18

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42.
Im wondering if theres going to be any negative press about so many features added in a day one patch. Im sure theres alot of people out there without internet connections... does this mean no Krypt, Frost, towers etc.

Im suprised more hasn't been made of it already tbh.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
They Give It a bad score whether its bad or good I am Calling it
"Oh CASSIE CAGE WON AGAIN" or "THIS" OR THE CUTSCENES ARE TOO LONG/SHORT!
thats why I dont care about ratings. It is how I think of the game not them. it's your choice too decide. NOT theres

Hostile_18

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42.
A big fat 90

Y'all gotta keep in mind these reviewers look at the shiny aspects of the game, so the story mode, how many game modes there are, if there's a replay value to it, if it's entertaining etc., they ain't gonna bitch about custom variations and their main having shit frame data or uninspired, horrid and downright abominable costumes.

Yeah, I'm not over it.
To be fair thats it. We as hardcorefans can see lots of nit picks that stop it from been a 90%+ game to us, but if we take a step back and look at the product as a whole to a more casual payer base it arguably could be.

Plus all hope is not lost, 12 months from now "Mortal Kombat: Turn it up to 11" edition will make this the game of our dreams.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
A big fat 90

Yeah, I'm not over it.
It is a good thing I dont play offline 24/7 Online then LmAo,
Keep in mind "casual Mode" lets you customize

Hostile_18

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42.
They Give It a bad score whether its bad or good I am Calling it
"Oh CASSIE CAGE WON AGAIN" or "THIS" OR THE CUTSCENES ARE TOO LONG/SHORT!
thats why I dont care about ratings. It is how I think of the game not them. it's your choice too decide. NOT theres
As a fan of rhe franchise its in your interest to care about its reception. It's probably the second most important factor to sales (which it influences anyway).

We want the game to be sucessful on many metrics to ensure the best possible/longest support for the game that we all love.