What's new

Question - Hish-Qu-Ten Predator best normals

Iced_Taz

Characters loyalist :)
In this thread let speak about Predator best normal moves. I've just bought him yesterday and so far I think the best are:

- D4 (low): 8 frames, long range poke

- 32 (mid,overhead) : in my opinion that is his best normal. Good for pressure, for mix ups, punishing. Just universal move.

- B2 : very good range. good wiff punisher

- 122 : good for plasma gun pressure and for disc setups

Any ideas ?

VOR

Noob
semi redundant, but he has some other good normals

NJ2 crazy range njp
f1- 8 frame mid advancing string
d3 isn't bad either

edit- jump kicks too

Iced_Taz

B311 is also good for pressure game.

I saw that Predator Players use: b311~disc and after opponent want to interrupt that cancel they swith into b311~bf4.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
D2 (lowers his hurtbox, has deceptive hitbox), d4, b22 (for far heavy punishers, whiff punishing, NEVER use b2 alone it has shitty recovery on whiff), b1, f4 (really good active frames), njp, jk, d3 (poking range), b3 (for close heavy punishers), s2, s1, these come to mind atm.

His j1 seems to be a really good air to air option, from what little testing i have done.

Last edited:

Iced_Taz

I bought Predator yesterday and I will play him. I'm big Predator movie fan. I have watched it first time on.....VHS :)

for good pressure in the corner try
3,2, db3(close), b311,bf4(mb), njp2, df3, 3,2 1+2
the first part of the string is to go from an overhead to low with plasma caster, then to a 1 bar string with grab chain. the recovery from close down plasma caster is insane and can be used to check ppl for the overhead conditioning.

Last edited:

ando1184

Noob
semi redundant, but he has some other good normals

f1- 8 frame mid advancing string

edit- jump kicks too
F1 is high high high, it misses all the time even as a punish. Just try and f1 after blocking reptiles slide, it's embarrassing. But back on topic:

Njp is awesome
B22 but only from halfscreen because it starts as a high :(
F4 use it like b2
D2
D4
D3
B311
Jump in 2

jokey77

Character Loyalist
The cool thing about Predator ist, that he got plenty of good but situational moves. Theoretically f212 would be his best string, yet it has a horrible startup. I still risk it after a knockdown and after having thrown a disk out.

I'd say, these are his "universal" moves though: 32, f4, d3. When in doubt, throw one of these out. :)

Iced_Taz

D4 in my opinion is his best move. It's like Millena d4 in Mk9.

8 frames startup, long range and you can mix it with close db3 or ex db3.

In my opinion Predator has amazing jump kicks and pokes.

did more testing and b2,1, db3(close) is pretty good since close plasma caster has pretty good recovery and that good condition for low,mid,low then start throwing in 3,2 for the over head and since both strings include mids the mix up cant be ducked and whiff punished