What's new

Video/Tutorial - Lackey [Pre-XL] In-Depth Video Guide to Lackey

Would you guys like me to do a video or PnG and Vicious?

• Total voters

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Thats because Torr has two different JiP moves:
-Ji1 has huuge range but hits higher so its more difficult to connect the F2 or B2 afterwards
-Ji2 hits lower so its pretty easy to have it in the combo, but you have to jump closer
I'm aware of that now, though he had it put down as just "j.i." so at the time I assumed he simply had timing issues.

The_stig

Some say....
Hi guys, I messed up and wasn't familiar on how to post on forums on this site and only posted the video alone.
Here is my F/T Lackey guide, hope it helps you improve your game playing as or against F/T.
I also left a poll to get some additional feedback on whether or not to you guys would be interested on other videos. Enjoy the video!
Video inlcudes: Basics, Mix-Ups, Setups, Combos and Tips-n-Tricks.

This is a awesome video man. I was having trouble with 50/50 setups but after watching this vid man no more. Thanks

Matthew Rivera

DidUSayChocolate
Im a Vicous main but im gona learn Lackey now. Im wondering does Lackey fare better vs rush down characters?
Lackey is at best up close, you wont have trouble with rushdown or anyone in your face. I'd say that it'll be different for you because Lackey and Vicious are complete opposites. Lackey is faster and for the most part useless at fullscreen. But vicious, although slower, excels at fullscreen - midscreen. Dont get discouraged if you dont get the hang of it right away. Also, Im pretty sure once you learn Leackey you gnna question why you didnt pick it up first xD

P.s - bye bye neutral jump radar punch xDD

Audit

Falls down too much
P.s - bye bye neutral jump radar punch xDD
This is a hard thing to lose in Lackey. One of the hardest I think as so much offense is built off it. There's a couple of strings you will feel straight exposed without Ferra as well. But when I play (lose) with vicious I miss the Lackey roll too much.

WiseTree

Best Of Worst
I think I've seen people talk about this before, but I just can't find it, so I'll post it here.

D1xxBack Breaker - is it a true cancel? Because I've been sitting in the lab for hours and I just can't cancel it :<

MK Led

Umbasa
I think I've seen people talk about this before, but I just can't find it, so I'll post it here.

D1xxBack Breaker - is it a true cancel? Because I've been sitting in the lab for hours and I just can't cancel it :<
It's a tick throw, which means you can connect it off a blocked d1, but not a hit d1.

Edit: if you meant is D1xxBB possible while the opponent is in a juggle state, then yes it is.

Last edited:

WiseTree

Best Of Worst
It's a tick throw, which means you can connect it off a blocked d1, but not a hit d1.

Edit: if you meant is D1xxBB possible while the opponent is in a juggle state, then yes it is.
Okay, so I guess for juggles I just have to practice. As for tick throws - is this a proper tick throw? Because I'm still a little bit confused about its definition

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
Those are just the ways to get out of a tick throw, you have to time them properly of course but yeah.
While we're on the subject of tick throws...What are vicious' ticks? Only one I know of is d4~grab. But I'd imagine he has others and also different ones for EX grab.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Okay, so I guess for juggles I just have to practice. As for tick throws - is this a proper tick throw? Because I'm still a little bit confused about its definition
*gif*
Cancel the D1 into the command grab on block, looks like you are ust buffering the command grab input during the D1. They can still jump out of a tick throw but its much faster and they will have to read it with how fast our grab is

lawgamer

Noob
Do you guys have any advice on Sub Zero's clones for Lackey? I'm used to zoners in general: be patient and all the great things will come to you... But clone is an immovable obstacle and I don't have a clue what to do with it (EX Torr Charge helps of course, when meter is abundant).

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Do you guys have any advice on Sub Zero's clones for Lackey? I'm used to zoners in general: be patient and all the great things will come to you... But clone is an immovable obstacle and I don't have a clue what to do with it (EX Torr Charge helps of course, when meter is abundant).
Just dont pick Lackey for Grandmaster, thats why we got Ferra

WiseTree

Best Of Worst
Cancel the D1 into the command grab on block, looks like you are ust buffering the command grab input during the D1. They can still jump out of a tick throw but its much faster and they will have to read it with how fast our grab is
So I've got to cancel the same way I would for a combo to do a tick throw then?

Thanks for the work! This looks like a good guide, but could you possibly extend it a bit with practicing tips and exercises? I.e. something that would give a better idea how to progress, what to train what to focus on and how and when to switch from one thing to another?