What's new

Question - Leatherface [Pre-release] Which variation SO FAR looks the best?

Which variation looks the best so far?

• Killer

Votes: 26 47.3%
  • Butcher

Votes: 14 25.5%
  • Pretty Lady

Votes: 15 27.3%

• Total voters

themanDan

The saw is family
No idea at this point dude, they all look really good. I'm bouncing back and forth between killer and pretty lady, but butcher's command grab looks like it could be pretty dirty.

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
well it seems that Leather Face leads us to spend a long Lab time ..... cant wait to stars the Online Massacre (Massalty LoL)

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
Also butchers command grab looks like it sets up both his overhead and low chainsaw attacks pretty well. Could be like Ferra torr when u command grab into overhead/low projectile mixup.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
Killer remind me a bit of grundy in injustice where he can cancel the charge. He hasn't got armour but it absorbs the projectile.
Also the stance mixups between unblockable and overhead is pretty cool which will probably create some high damageing setups.
He also had decent damage, and I'm sure what they were showing wouldn't have been optimised.
I think he'll also have mind games with cancelling the stance into pressure.
But I actually think from what we saw that all variations look pretty good, which is rare in mkx... hopefully I won't be dissapointed.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Butcher will be his best and probably easiest variation to play. It's all outlined in the video.

Overhead starter(VERY FAST)
Low starter
Spark restand
Command grab restand.

End all combos in spark restand and they are forced into 50/50 town.

Butcher will be his best and probably easiest variation to play. It's all outlined in the video.

Overhead starter(VERY FAST)
Low starter
Spark restand
Command grab restand.

End all combos in spark restand and they are forced into 50/50 town.
All characters have the spark restand though.

The Celebrity

Professional Googler
I just want to point out that presuming Killer's Unblockable walks him across full screen, has some kind of vertical hitbox (so it can't be jumped over) and is high priority. High Tech Jacqui has 0, literally 0, options against it. If I'm right about that it might be the first 10-0 matchup ever lol.

I personally think Pretty Lady will be best. I think Butcher and KIller Leatherface are going to have an annoying time getting in. His walkspeed was abyssmal, run seemed below average and he lacks full screen options in Killer and Butcher. Not to mention once he's in he still isn't that fast of a character. Projectile immunity in Killer is nice, but I think Butcher will be just a bit above Jason tier.

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
Pretty lady maybe the best one
Killer and Butcher r equal

hope they dont nerff him cause of scrubs teras....

the MU will be crazy , Kano commando probably destroy Killer , Kung Lao tempest is too fast for Butcher in my opinion ...

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
But I believe not all characters have the overhead starter.

He seems to have a universal overhead in a string after a jab, but that'll be easily reacted too. In butcher he gains a variation specific overhead.

Also threat of command grab makes spark restand that much deadlier

This is all speculation tho. His framedata may be pure ass lol

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Which is I think it's better to use the grab instead, as it does more damage anyway and they're still in range for several attacks.

---

Butcher, just a lot more versatile looking than the other two and a hell of a lot faster in a lot of ways.

I mean, if you just pay attention to the breakdown and the vs Liu Kang match, his hammer normals are veeerrry fast and those include a fast OH(which goes into a 17% damage string), a fast and advancing mid, a fast string that goes into a low(which of course can be 50/50'd with the OH chainsaw special), the command grab which appears to be the fastest one in the game(and can now be combo'd into because of the recent changes so he won't whiff any standing tic throws), and the mid hitting and far reaching variation specific chainsaw attack that hits from the side looks super fast as well(the other seems kind of pointless except for a few extra points of damage as an ender maybe and extra style). Oh yeah, and jump bop, a deceivingly fast and far reaching command overhead that can be EX'd for armor and a pop-up so you can fuck up zoners.

+ the variation neutral moves that are a far reaching OH, an advancing low, and fast AA that can be used to extend combos in the corner, the stun/restand sparks, and the spin that can be EX'd to launch. He also has a low starting string and great pokes.

This variation has an answer for everything and then some.

Honestly Pretty Lady seems the weakest of the three. The projectiles start-up pretty fast and he can throw them at a lot of angels but they recover pretty harshly as you can see in the gameplay, multiple punishes from jump distance happening.

Etoroguy

Why isn't Jax's Farm a playable stage?
Butcher looks to be the best so far, but the frames will tell. Killer is kinda gimmicky, you can probably poke/armour the unblockable on reaction. It also looks unsafe but good for hit confirming with the late meter burn. Pretty Lady's zoning didn't impress me, it looked average. Butcher has a fast armoured move and faster moves. As well as a command grab.

Robbie Rage

Friend to the Reptiles
I've thought about it off and on and I haven't come to a conclusion yet, but I have a sneaking suspicion that Butcher is either going to be the absolute best or absolute worst. As others have said, the frame data on his quick normals and command grab will likely dictate which is which. If it has improved normals, a decent array of midrange moves, a good grab, and that sick brutality, I can see it being the most used.

themanDan

The saw is family
Which is I think it's better to use the grab instead, as it does more damage anyway and they're still in range for several attacks.

---

Butcher, just a lot more versatile looking than the other two and a hell of a lot faster in a lot of ways.

I mean, if you just pay attention to the breakdown and the vs Liu Kang match, his hammer normals are veeerrry fast and those include a fast OH(which goes into a 17% damage string), a fast and advancing mid, a fast string that goes into a low(which of course can be 50/50'd with the OH chainsaw special), the command grab which appears to be the fastest one in the game(and can now be combo'd into because of the recent changes so he won't whiff any standing tic throws), and the mid hitting and far reaching variation specific chainsaw attack that hits from the side looks super fast as well(the other seems kind of pointless except for a few extra points of damage as an ender maybe and extra style). Oh yeah, and jump bop, a deceivingly fast and far reaching command overhead that can be EX'd for armor and a pop-up so you can fuck up zoners.

+ the variation neutral moves that are a far reaching OH, an advancing low, and fast AA that can be used to extend combos in the corner, the stun/restand sparks, and the spin that can be EX'd to launch. He also has a low starting string and great pokes.

This variation has an answer for everything and then some.

Honestly Pretty Lady seems the weakest of the three. The projectiles start-up pretty fast and he can throw them at a lot of angels but they recover pretty harshly as you can see in the gameplay, multiple punishes from jump distance happening.
Also, that fast advancing mid is a restand.

RM slacked

Shinnok trash from Canada.
This is completely subjective but I enjoy pretty lady and if shinnok gets the nerf hammer which he probably will, I'm switching to pretty lady.