What's new

Guide - Unbreakable [Pre October '16 Patch] Sub-Zero UNBREAKABLE Guide reborn

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
You only need one. In addition, his JP is amazing in a different way, for cross overs and near insta air connections against grounded opponents.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I know this one meter 35% to 37% combo from middle to corner or completely corner.

FJ2> B1,2> ICE BURST> 2,4,2> RUN> 2,4,2> 1,2,3> EX SLIDE> (return back at the left position)> J2> FJ2> F1,2

The second 2,4,2 works only if you get at the corner, because the uppercuts sends the opponent flying towards, so you'll not make it for the tundra (1,2,3). You'll need to be at the corner to make it almost middle to corner.

Note that the Ice Burst (the one with the armor) following the 2,4,2 is a bit tricky, because you'll need to time it well before your opponent tries to defend himself. If you want, I could post a video regarding this combo (or did someone already upload the combo guides video?).

Before the patch, this combo could deal more than 40%, but they nerfed Subby...

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
I know this one meter 35% to 37% combo from middle to corner or completely corner.

FJ2> B1,2> ICE BURST> 2,4,2> RUN> 2,4,2> 1,2,3> EX SLIDE> (return back at the left position)> J2> FJ2> F1,2

The second 2,4,2 works only if you get at the corner, because the uppercuts sends the opponent flying towards, so you'll not make it for the tundra (1,2,3). You'll need to be at the corner to make it almost middle to corner.

Note that the Ice Burst (the one with the armor) following the 2,4,2 is a bit tricky, because you'll need to time it well before your opponent tries to defend himself. If you want, I could post a video regarding this combo (or did someone already upload the combo guides video?).

Video please.

Tanno

I made some new kombos (two of them lead to brutality), so I'll have to include them all in one video. It will take some time, cuz, I'll be a noob in creating a video in the video editor.

Gruzilla

From the slums of Shaolin, Liu Kang strikes again
Why not just stay with the usual combos? at least midscreen, like b12,ice aura,b12,ice ball, jip, 242, run, 123 slide?

Idk man but why should we do this combo? Don´t get me wrong, I like new combos, tech
but I wouldn´t do that one
And you need two bars to do it,

Tanno

Why not just stay with the usual combos? at least midscreen, like b12,ice aura,b12,ice ball, jip, 242, run, 123 slide?

Idk man but why should we do this combo? Don´t get me wrong, I like new combos, tech
but I wouldn´t do that one
And you need two bars to do it,
What do you mean two bars to do it? You mean the first to be EX FROZEN AURA? No. You only need one bar for those kombos. The only one needing two bars is the one of the two brutalities videoclips. I'm currently uploading the kombos in youtube. I got used to time down from the b1,2> FROZEN AURA to 2,4,2. Once uploaded, you'll understand why it needs only one bar. ;)

The one who made the videos earlier with doing EX FROZEN AURA didn't know this timing.

The Ice Aura you mean is the Frozen Aura. If you do the Ice ball and you do the ex slide, it won't work for the air freezing effect, because the ex slide consists as the 2nd iceball. :)

Edit: Here's the video. Hope you guys like it.

Last edited:

Tanno

Tip: The Barrier of Frost doesn't work against jumping and overhead attacks. It works only against Scorpion's teleportation. I don't know if it works against other opponent's attacks. It also works against EX grounding attacks from low to middle, not on overhead.

I made a mistake naming the Frozen Aura as Ice Burst.

Last edited:

Jeffrey Wolf

Thanks for the vid, @Tanno. Interesting to see applications for the new and improved EN Slide.

If the opponent is near the corner and grounded though, max damage no meter ender is B2, B2, 242, 123 slide. You can also do this raw for a clean 36%. Full props go to @GGA Jeremiah for finding this.

So, if the above is used with EN Slide, you could get even more damage. Don't get me wrong, the double 242 is very useful if the opponent is about a quarter of the way to the corner, and you want to preserve Aura, where the double B2 only works if they're closer to a fifth of the way there.

Tanno

Interesting. I will try these, too. Through, I can't promise that it might work. I tried to do B1,2> FROZEN AURA> B2, but for some reason the overhead smash (B2) lags a lot. In practice I always use the Auto defense on the AI for greater training to prevent someone for going on defense.

The only option for it to work would have the Frozen Aura on earlier. I'm trying to reach the 40%+, but it seems that it's Subby's limit as Unbreakable.

Now, I have another question that some guys might have ran on. Have you seen Subby's iceball passing through your opponent? It happened to me 2-3 times. Once at my mate's house, and 2 times in online. What's going on?

Jeffrey Wolf

Yeah, B2 is too slow to combo after an Aura cancel. The above would work if you did B12, Aura, B12, Ice Ball, B2, etc. Or, closer to the corner, B12, Iceball, B2, etc., or 11, Iceball, B2, etc., B33, Iceball, B2, etc., and so on.

As for Iceballs going through, I personally haven't, but there are plenty of glitches in MKX, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Tanno

I also tried B1,2> AURA> B1,2. The second B1,2 is also lagging like the B2. Maybe I didn't time it correctly? The only option to do the 2nd B1,2 is to do EX AURA to give it more time to do its momentum.

I think he meant the EX Barrier of Frost. This Barrier of Frost (either normal or EX) works against projectiles.
He said the parry would be broken if it worked against jumping attacks.

I don't quite understand what you're talking about. In any case, it wouldn't be broken or OP. Unbreakable is literally one of the worst variants in the game.

To make it "fair" NRS could take away its ability to parry lows/projectiles & make it parry jump attacks. Liu Kang's parry behaved that way in MK9.

Jeffrey Wolf

Oh, and if anyone says that's an unrealistic setup (which it isn't), in the corner, B33, EN Aura, B2, B2, 242, 123, EN Slide, NJP, FJP, B12, Slide does 39%. Sure, two bars, but if you need the kill, it's definitely worth it. Same setup starting with B12 does 42% and 11 does 37%.

Unfortunately, 21, F33, and F13 don't create enough hit stun to combo into B2, At least as far as I can tell.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
If the opponent is near the corner and grounded though, max damage no meter ender is B2, B2, 242, 123 slide. You can also do this raw for a clean 36%. Full props go to @GGA Jeremiah for finding this.
Unbreakable players have been using this (corner) ... freeze, b2, b2, 242, 123 xx slide ender since release. Are we backdating credit, or did he just find this recently?

Tanno

@Tanno, tested it. With Aura on, in the corner, B2, B2, 242, 123, EN Slide, NJP, FJP, B12, Slide does 43%.

Who says Unbreakable doesn't have damage =)
Tried this 242> 123. It's even more hard to do this or Subby can't catch the opponent anymore with the two B2 beforehand? It gives the game the "go" to put more weight to the juggle, resulting it more harder to catch him in air. Without 242 I could reach 40%. Mind if you can create a video on this?

Or do you have a tip that could help me out doing even more hard combos? I have seen some of those MK monsters doing such crazy combos in the past.

I got used to time them down just like in the middle to corner kombo and the corner kombo doing 242> 242> 123> slide.

BTW, tried B1,2> Aura> B1,2 and it works. You just need to time it down a bit earlier than Aura> 242.