What's new

Question - D'Vorah Pre-Kombo Help. (Neutral Game)

Noob
Hey guys.

Just looking for some help.

I can handle some decent kombos in the lab. But struggle to get them off in a fight.
I know it would naturally be harder to land them in a proper fight because of stress and the opponent fighting back, but that's not the problem. It might just be me but I feel very slow with her. I mess around with all variants. But main her Swarm Queen. If I don't try and land any super kombos I do fine. And I feel quick and aggressive.
But when I try get the combo in I feel like a brick, that has been cemented to another even bigger and heavier brick. A huge problem i have is jip. I have not once landed this. I end up on the business end of an upper cut every time. So i will put out an insect lift, then jip and this helps. But the insect lift is so slow. So I try lead into it by getting a knock down. Or even better, I seem to find knocking the opponent up then using insect lift has a better almost perfect success rate. But I feel like a tool spamming this technique. What do you guys find useful to get into the combo, other than just getting lucky an landing something when the person you playing drops the ball. Can D'Vorah make an opening instead of waiting for one. I have a tournement coming up in 30 or so days and need to get this charactyer down. I picked her because she is cool. And don't want to change to a character that is easier or better just to have an upper hand. Oh right, D1, lands a sweet stinger to the junk, and if you quick on it you can get a combo off. But its not super effective in to many situations. I guess not putting much effort into learning frame data is holding me back. But I just want to learn as much as I can before the tournement. Will pick up the frames after that.

Thanks.

Noob
Ok, I am now finding the 212xxdb1, f34, d2 (7 hits, 29% damage) to be the fastest Kombo to get into. And often I can then land a MB Wasp Grenade. Which stuns the opponent and gives me time to run in and get the f44, f34, d2 (5 hits, 30% damage). If both land which it seems the is a good chance they will, thats half the battle won. Has any body got any tips on a better way to end the kombo. The upper cut is nice and easy to land, but leaves my opponent to far away. As I said it works fine if Im throwing a MB WG, but if I dont have the meter for it I most certainly wont throw the Wasp.

Noob
Ha-ha, as I was typing that I tried something else. Grabbing them out of the air and cancelling lets you put them straight back in front of you. Here's a Noobier question. Is that called resetting.

Well the "brick" feeling it's quite a common one when you begin playing a new fighting game: even if you look at the best players you can see that, in the first days of course, they will easily screw up combos that in training would hit 99.99999% of the time.
The thing is that when doing for istance 212 in the lab you'll always do 212xxDB1... but that isn't a good option if your opponent is blocking in a real match since he would most likely proceed to jump and combo your sorry a**, a better choice would probably be to do something like 212xx wasp grenade cancel.
Try setting the A.I to random block to train.