What's new

Practicing punishing both Scorp teleports.

Vagrant

Noob
Go to training mode.

Record dummy on slot 1 doing regular tele.
Record dummy on slot 2 doing EX tele

Set playback to random

Expect the EX (shorter window to punish)
React to the regular (longer window to punish)
Use whatever your fastest button is that can lead to damage. For Geras I just do 11 time freezy thing.

You're still going to miss some regular tele punishes once in a while but getting this habit dialed in should help. If someone has another way they practice this, feel free to share.

f24

Don't F*** with a God
I think the problem isn’t being able to punish teleport on reaction, but that the scorpion player can amplify the teleport pretty late so you have to respect the normal teleport more. Normal teleport is something like -20 on block, but if you respect the amplify window it’s somewhere closer to -12 or -15 so you lose a significant amount of time, making the punish tighter.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
I think the problem isn’t being able to punish teleport on reaction, but that the scorpion player can amplify the teleport pretty late so you have to respect the normal teleport more. Normal teleport is something like -20 on block, but if you respect the amplify window it’s somewhere closer to -12 or -15 so you lose a significant amount of time, making the punish tighter.
He can’t amplify it late enough. The lates amplified tp is still full combo punishable.

f24

Don't F*** with a God
He can’t amplify it late enough. The lates amplified tp is still full combo punishable.
Well, yeah it’s still combo punishable. But what I’m saying is that by being able to amplify it late you have to respect the normal teleport for a couple more frames than you normally would because otherwise you get hit by the amplify when they see you stop blocking, thus making the normal teleport a better move.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Well, yeah it’s still combo punishable. But what I’m saying is that by being able to amplify it late you have to respect the normal teleport for a couple more frames than you normally would because otherwise you get hit by the amplify when they see you stop blocking, thus making the normal teleport a better move.
I still have doubts about it. That might fly once but when your opponents isn’t blind he can read that “fake” move. Scorp has a cancel, eberybody would go for it instead.

f24

Don't F*** with a God
I still have doubts about it. That might fly once but when your opponents isn’t blind he can read that “fake” move. Scorp has a cancel, eberybody would go for it instead.
Yeah I mean I don’t disagree with you - I think it’s totally doable when you’re used to it. I think the reasons I talked about are why people initially have trouble with it, though.