• practice

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • experience

Votes: 20 87.0%

• Total voters

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
If you had to choose.
-better to spend your time in training improving execution and perfecting combos, anti air's ect.
-better to just grind out matches with people and learn the match ups and what the opponents can do

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Grind out matches since execution will also be improved when trying not to be constantly destroyed at the game by the opponents.

StealthyMuffin

Earth's Mightiest Knucklehead
Knowing everyone's gimmicks is the only way to get by in this garbo game. It's like if every character was Blanka. Practice and logical thinking won't help you here.

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
Id say both but if i had to choose i would go into practice and learn their frame data then look up high level gameplay of said character record certain things they do and find ways around it which is what im having to do vs dvorah bc honeybee and skeezer bopped me

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Experience. I can practice my butt off learning how to play my character(s) , what they can do, what tools they have etc. but that wont help too much if I don't know what my opponents can do and how they are usually played my other human players. Idk, I just feel like I learn more and get better when I am playing other people.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
My execution is 9/10, there is no way spending a time in the lab is more gratifying than playing another brain.

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
Both are really important, but after you have mastered your tech and very rarely drop combos, you will still lose if you don't know your opponents combo strings... The matches I lose now a days are because I don't adapt quick enough to the start up strings and give away free punishes... These are usually to uncommon characters as I have not had much MU experience to learn the strings themselves...

Every post in this thread is wrong. Grinding out randoms doesn't make you better if you're complete trash and all your opponents are tournament qualifying intermediates. But sitting in the lab is nothing like playing randoms.

Learn the fundamentals of your character in practice and then apply it in real matches.