What's new

Question - Shinnok practical use for amulet strike?

lemmywinks

losing record
Aside from the sweet brutality, do any of you guys find any reason to use this move? It doesn't do a whole lot of damage and isn't very safe on block. The projectile absorption gimmick doesn't seem like it's worth the risk, especially online.

Alvhe Feleo

Due tomorrow? Do tomorrow.
Well, that's how it feels to me when I play gunslinger Erron black or warrior Predator in general.

I only play boneshaper Shinnok for the scythe stuff, but the amulet seems great for 2 reasons:
- It goes out quickly, so it can be comboed off anything pretty much. On the necromancer variation you have DF+4 that connects the same way and deals the same damage more or less, but has a lot more recovery.
- The EX version is huge as a wakeup because you can then use stuff from afar, but it doesn't have armor unfortunately.

In boneshaper it's great after the standing reset combo because it lures opponents a lot, and it also gets range.

SPY

Noob
Amulet Strike is safest non variation, non ex, non mb Shinnok's special.
f224 is -17 on block, Amulet makes it -10, if you don't have meter to mb Hell Sparks.
exAmulet is +14 on block with better than HS1mb positioning, but with less chip. It have less damage scaling and it launches on hit, so you can do quite damaging combos in the corner with it.
Other than situational combos Amulet Strike is inferior to Hell Sparks. I hope NRS will decide to add Armor Break on exAmulet Strike, so it becomes a bit more useful.
Hail to the "most potent and powerful of all mystic talismans within all the realms."

Alvhe Feleo

Due tomorrow? Do tomorrow.
I for one wouldn't like to see a full screen knockback also have armor break, specially on the impostor variation.

lemmywinks

losing record
All useful information so far. I've been playing around with necromancer Shinnok as a secondary, so it looks like hell sparks is the go-to move.