What's new

Question - Kitana Potential KItana nerfs/buffs 8/31

gam224

The world's least hype player
The only thing mournful should PROBABLY get is shadow kick being a mid. She doesn't need anything else in that variation. It's fine how it is now.

RS needs nothing. Some people say a faster startup on reflect or ex lift to negate projectiles should happen, and that'll be cool. Other than that, its fine.

Assassin is the one that needs the most help. It's clearly the weakest of the 3 and RS just completely outshines it. It's supposed to be her rushdown variation yet it doesn't have the proper tools to rush down at all.

Any nerfs she gets should most likely go to her damage. I honestly think she needs her damage because it's not like we get it off a 50/50 or anything like that. I don't see any other nerf we deserve .
I think back 2 needs faster start up because i feel as if once kitana has a hard knockdown she can do alot with it with her float set ups. I think this would give her the necessary aggressiveness in asassin. What's your take on it?

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
I still don't believe Assassin is the rushdown style though. Mournfuls tools and playstyle scream rushdown tome. Assassin shouldnt even be using fans. It should be a fucking swords. Or the fans before she spreads them. Take away her projectiles..replace them with command grabs. Done.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I think back 2 needs faster start up because i feel as if once kitana has a hard knockdown she can do alot with it with her float set ups. I think this would give her the necessary aggressiveness in asassin. What's your take on it?
She already has a HKD in assassin tho so making b2 faster wouldn't do much in the sense. It would give her a 50/50 tho, but then she'll be like every character in the game. I like Kitana because she's so different from the cast and she kinda has her own meta, which is why she's so good. I would love to see her get the "Cancels Treatment" that Ferra Torr is getting, mainly with her fans. Only in Assasin of course.

SM StarGazer

Give her Predators d4 but with the pole in Mournful. Im just dreaming now...but it would be soooooo great

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Anyone find it weird that almost every character, INCLUDING Kung Lao, got a buff, yet we haven't heard anything about Kitana yet?

Has me worried :(

gam224

The world's least hype player
She already has a HKD in assassin tho so making b2 faster wouldn't do much in the sense. It would give her a 50/50 tho, but then she'll be like every character in the game. I like Kitana because she's so different from the cast and she kinda has her own meta, which is why she's so good. I would love to see her get the "Cancels Treatment" that Ferra Torr is getting, mainly with her fans. Only in Assasin of course.
I think she needs a little bit of normalization. I think that in RS it's alright if she doesn't get crazy 50/50's but asassin needs some kind of offense to cover matches where Kitana is out zoned. It's the hardest thing for developers to find a mix between normal and abnormal.

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
These are really all the buffs assassin needs

• Full screen armor on ex run
  • Sharpen being faster
With these two things she would be so much better in this variation

Agreed but what i would like to see for asassin is parry not parrying throws but gets a low parry, get rid of ex sharpen and just make it regular sharpen. What are your thoughts?
I agree actually. That is if regular sharpen gets EX sharpen's start up. The start up of that move is terrible on it's own. Plus getting a low parry would be very nice.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Overhead assassin strike and make it have super armor.

Parry I still think should be faster but its fine the way it is

Sharpen needs to be redesigned in some way

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Sharpen gets the Shaolinflame treatment, for example 21 ex sharpen is plus 10 on block :DOGE
Reduce parry's startup to 5 frame so I can parry the gap in Cassie's B124

That would be interesting. Sharpen gives a buff to parry by making it 3-4 frames and a faster overhead that bounces. There's all that Assassin needs.

So uhhhh. Looks like KItana got some damage nerfs. I'm in training mode and all of my combos are scaled. My 50% 1 Bar now does 40%. KP's Mid screen EX Fan combo now does 37% instead of 46%. My 37% now does 33%. My 31% now does 29%.

I saw this coming anyway. Any character that wins Evo is getting nerfs. Seems like her EX Fans are whats scaling the combos the most. Any Meterless combo does about 2%- 6% less damage than it did pre-patch depending on the combo.

Last edited:

SM StarGazer

I demnd twooverheads for RS and Assassin rightnow. One for Mournful. Goddamn it. Kitana noooooooo