What's new

Video/Tutorial - Sorcerer Potential Hidden Brutality for Sorcerer Quan

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Hey guys,

A lot of people have been searching high and low for hidden Brutalities with their main character, I've been no exception.

While searching for hidden brutals for Sorcerer Quan, I remembered something I've known about for a while but never mentioned in his purple skull brutality, and something else which happens in a real match on a very rare occasion. The sheer inconsistency of this one makes me feel like it's actually a bug rather than a secret brutal, but here's a video demonstrating it anyway!

The two brutalities are as follows:

1. Straight Skull Brutality Variation - Perform your DB2 straight Skull brutality as normal, only make sure you're standing in Sorcerer's Purple Spell first.

Command - DB2 from jump distance or further, hold 2 as the skull travels and the opponent's head will be replaced by the skull. Sit in the Purple Spell first (DD1) to make the Skull Purple.

2. Character's Equipment remains after Rune Brutality - No obvious command to this one, just do your Hex Rune Brutality in Sorcerer and this can sometimes happen.

Command - While the opponent is blocking, land a Rune (DB1) on block while the Hex spell (DD2) is underneath them.

Easiest way to set this up is to rune trap them. Trance into guaranteed Hex, then d3 into 14 rune on block.

It's a really funny result with some characters, but like I said. I'm not 100% sold this is a hidden brutality because it only works with a few characters and is highly rare to get.

Cheers!

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Jamessmk posted earlier and said that you can do this simply by holding the down button during the brutality.

EDIT: I'm talking about keeping the characters gadgets on them in the rune brutality.

PND_Ketchup

Jamessmk posted earlier and said that you can do this simply by holding the down button during the brutality.

EDIT: I'm talking about keeping the characters gadgets on them in the rune brutality.
Holding down doesn't work. I've testes a ton of different combinations and no luck so far.

Gustavness

The Tech Whisperer
I believe the rune trap keeping the items is variation specific. you have to hit square approximately 3-5 frames from when the rune actually lands the hit. works on someone like Master of storms raiden, but doesnt work on displacer. dunno if this is effected by costumes as well.

jamessmk

I am your god
ye i dunno some dude who like guinea pigs and cantaloupes ;)
And people wonder why I don't come around here on TYM or support this fake "pro" gamer bitch ass E-sports lies. I mean sorry I don't push that BS lie!! And would rather see a community work together to figure stuff out.. The shame of me

Last edited:
LOL yeah the guy who was 100% right on the roster, also the guy who gave erron black crow fatal to Sonic at NEC, That guy who is he? Also, FYI you can only be a "leak" if you work there, which I do not
so sensitive, i didnt mean anything hostile or attacking your ego, i was seriously wondering, peace out

jamessmk

I am your god
Holding down doesn't work. I've testes a ton of different combinations and no luck so far.
So far I have gotten it consistent in Lao, factors are distance on rune shot, seems like it is based around R2. It must be a timing thing as well, there seems to be a narrow time frame to get in the R2, at this point I don't think directions are needed, I have now gotten it with no direction and just R2. Also keep I on meter for follow up 2nd shot of rune Good luck

PND_Ketchup

So far I have gotten it consistent in Lao, factors are distance on rune shot, seems like it is based around R2. It must be a timing thing as well, there seems to be a narrow time frame to get in the R2, at this point I don't think directions are needed, I have now gotten it with no direction and just R2. Also keep I on meter for follow up 2nd shot of rune Good luck
I kept thinking of different ways to get it, but then I could also get it consistently by holding no buttons down at all.

Gustavness thinks it may be something to do with what frame you do the rune on or something like that. Either way, I'm inclined to think it is indeed a bug and not a hidden brutal :(

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
Hey guys,

A lot of people have been searching high and low for hidden Brutalities with their main character, I've been no exception.

While searching for hidden brutals for Sorcerer Quan, I remembered something I've known about for a while but never mentioned in his purple skull brutality, and something else which happens in a real match on a very rare occasion. The sheer inconsistency of this one makes me feel like it's actually a bug rather than a secret brutal, but here's a video demonstrating it anyway!

The two brutalities are as follows:

1. Straight Skull Brutality Variation - Perform your DB2 straight Skull brutality as normal, only make sure you're standing in Sorcerer's Purple Spell first.

Command - DB2 from jump distance or further, hold 2 as the skull travels and the opponent's head will be replaced by the skull. Sit in the Purple Spell first (DD1) to make the Skull Purple.

2. Character's Equipment remains after Rune Brutality - No obvious command to this one, just do your Hex Rune Brutality in Sorcerer and this can sometimes happen.

Command - While the opponent is blocking, land a Rune (DB1) on block while the Hex spell (DD2) is underneath them.

Easiest way to set this up is to rune trap them. Trance into guaranteed Hex, then d3 into 14 rune on block.

It's a really funny result with some characters, but like I said. I'm not 100% sold this is a hidden brutality because it only works with a few characters and is highly rare to get.

Cheers!

dunno if this qualifies as the same but this happens with Ronin takeda frequently .. many of brutals (esp WG kotals saw) will leave Takedas sabers floating where his arms would be even though theres no body.torso there ( or in this case- left on his skeleton)

ZorN

Noob
What about brutality with the swithch switch stance? What are the requirements for it's execution, except for the inputs? In a real fight (without modifiers) works very rarely...