What's new

Breakthrough POST YOUR OWN SKARLET REVIEW!!

Helter Skelter

CHIPPINGxTRAPPINGxZONING
well any move that she has that is unsafe can be cancelled into df3 4 and now the move is safe, i think once we have a player that just picks out the few moves that are safe and hit confirmable and plays her smart instead of like a combo video then we will see how good she really is because it doesn't matter how many unsafe moves she has when most characters in this game only use about 3-6 moves.
Just tested this. She can not make her unsafe strings safe with Red Slide as she can be D+1'd or thrown during the Red Dash.

I'm gonna be playing her as a zoner for the time being until more discoveries have been made.

McNasty

Moist.
shes cool better than I expected but im positive there will be changes made to her damage. It doesnt make any sense that hard combos do less than an easy 44% one its an alright combo but the last thing we need is a heavy hitter with zoning and rushdown options. Oh and I went through the ladder with her and no alt costume which I found odd. Excited to see how the other dlc's end up.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
THTB said:
Wait, so she can be poked out of f312 xx dash slide? :(
Tom Brady was telling me earlier on AIM that if the slide is executed quickly, she cannot be poked after any string. In fact, she cannot be x-rayed either. I will test to make sure.

McNasty said:
shes cool better than I expected but im positive there will be changes made to her damage. It doesnt make any sense that hard combos do less than an easy 44% one its an alright combo but the last thing we need is a heavy hitter with zoning and rushdown options. Oh and I went through the ladder with her and no alt costume which I found odd. Excited to see how the other dlc's end up.
You may be right, but at this point she is no Kung Lao, Sub Zero, and Johnny Cage. She cannot easily hit-confirm into any of her damaging combos. The slashes are not safe on block, so they cannot be spammed. Damage is irrelevant if you cannot hit-confirm unless you are punishing.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Tom Brady was telling me earlier on AIM that if the slide is executed quickly, she cannot be poked after any string. In fact, she cannot be x-rayed either. I will test to make sure.
If that is true (Which I do believe it is), then f312 xx dash will be her go-to string. It's VERY easy to hitconfirm that.

EDIT: Actually, I doubt f312 xx dash would ever not get interrupted. f31 xx dash should be hitconfirmable.

Solo

Shadow Priest
She seems like a pretty advanced character to use. I've only put about 10 minutes in with her. She has an annoying voice like Liu Kang. I hate that "YAAHHH" thing she say.

thwak

Noob
After seeing some matches with her, and after experimenting a bit with her myself I can say she's good, not great.

Skarlet relies on controlling the pace of the match with her dagger cancels. This allows her to create a pressure situation and force your opponent to do something stupid so Skarlet can get a punish combo.

However I immediately see 2 problems with this, Smoke and Jade. Both Smoke and Jade can effectively work around Skarlet's dagger pressure, with Smoke just vibrating and Jade's invincibility. This leaves you not being able to control these matches, and since Skarlet has to take risks with a lot of her moves (atleast according to helter skelter) you're going to have a lot of trouble.

Not to mention Raiden being able to ex dive, and all the ex dashes in the game and you end up with situations where with just one bar of meter Skarlet starts to have issues.

Now while this review may seem to highlight the negative aspects of the character, I think she's still good. Those dagger cancels are still very good at controlling the pace of the match. However as time goes on and people figure out how to get around the daggers we'll start to see her become less of a threat.

Owerbart

I miss you
Skarlet seems to have a nice projectile game, but the f31 with ideas of combining with a another attack are quite good. Like thwak said, Smoke and Jade seem to have a nice shot against her. I would add Stryker, too, since his gun and rolls can counter her quite good.

Gotcha

Noob
Heres my review of her.
◘Shes not a great character but she is good. (and by great i mean, able to spam safe moves....kano...fix that ish..)
while she can cancel out her daggers (and sometimes you might even be able to beat kano and a spam off) that doesnt mean that spamming daggers is safe
(especially against subzero)
◘now at full screen she has great control of the opponent (depending on whetherenot they have a good enough tele) she can zone with her blood ball and knives.
and when you see them doing something unsafe to get in, you can tele

◘but upclose, she can be poked out of pretty much all of her attacks, especially her blood dash
◘on block, her upslash and down slash is very unsafe, and you will be punished
◘her teleport is NOT safe on bock, you will be punished
the only thing i really found is safe on block is the blood dash, but then again they can just poke you out of it
her combos arnt difficult to pull off, they just actually take work and practice
her tigerknee knives can really take off the lagg from just a normal standing knife, and can really stop you opponent from jumping.
and whith her moves being so unsafe, you can get your opponent to start blocking early so you can get them with that 17% grab
shes a good character shes just going to take work, if your someone who plays an easy charecter, someone that doesnt take that much work, then you might not like her because of that.

Neclord

Noob
her upslash and down slash is very unsafe, and you will be punished
Yea I noticed this today.
I can pretty much agree with all what you've said.

She is a good character, but require some practice. More than most of the other characters imo. Because her dash special is needed to get the big damage in her combos. And that can be tricky with negative edge.

Maybe I will use her as a secondary character, she is cool but definitely not a character for beginners. :)

Sirop

Noob
I just bought her a few minutes ago and I'm happy with my purchase. She didn't seem overpowered to me and it takes some time to practice with her, until you can go and play online. She could seem a little difficult to handle at a first sight, but after a few hours, she'll come good. I would love to play her against Noob Saibot players.