What's new

Post Your Gimmicks Here!

Olcadan13

mkx apologist
Since Shao’s kit is a bit underwhelming, I’ve noticed he’s reduced to doing some gimmicks on block to open his opponents up. Post all the little things you’ve been doing in this thread and we’ll keep all our stuff in one place! (apologies if most of this is common knowledge)

sweep~~~
d1
f3 (NOT TRUE, BE CAREFUL)

f4~~~
d1 (guaranteed jail)
throw
shorthop 2

d1 ~ annihilation can catch mashers sometimes (usually doesn’t work more than once)

full screen spear (hit)~ dark priest
(risky but only reliable way to activate
atm)

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
I do a lot of D1 and throw, B4 and D4 and hop overhead mixup on wakeup, and many people still get hit by a meter burned hammer lunge after blocking the normal hit...so I keep doing that. :p
Amp lunge is great for mix-ups in itself. If they start blocking the spear I don't amplify. Also I whiff the lunge and amplify if they try to come in and punish.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Sometimes after a knock down i whiff his sweep, since it has such a good recovery to bait any getup attacks or rolls. Works wonders, especially in the corner.

Sweep into F4 is a true setup. You have to input it at the earliest possible moment to prevent a gap. Easy offline, varies online.

So if you can get characters blocking f3 you can mix in f2 stagger d1 or f3. F2 is only -3 so it's really a guess if you're gonna continue the string or not. The only problem is that they can duck it. Still i manage to sneak it in.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
So if you can get characters blocking f3 you can mix in f2 stagger d1 or f3. F2 is only -3 so it's really a guess if you're gonna continue the string or not. The only problem is that they can duck it. Still i manage to sneak it in.
Not reasonable imo. F3 is -8, F2 is 21 frames, so you basically give them 29 frames to react. Youțre better off staggering F3 in a row.

Not reasonable imo. F3 is -8, F2 is 21 frames, so you basically give them 29 frames to react. Youțre better off staggering F3 in a row.
I don't think I was clear. F2 is -3 on block, instead of continuing the string with f24 or f21 you can do a raw f2 then f3 into whatever. That's 13 frames because you're doing a 10 f move when you're -3. That's fast enough to catch people off guard.

It only works if they block f2 which, of course, they don't have to do.

It's just baiting them to poke after f2 then punishing them for it. If they wanted to interrupt with a 7 f d1 they would need to react in 6f which is unfeasible. So they're either gonna commit to disrespecting your string or taking whatever comes after f2.

Last edited: