What's new

Post Patch Tier List (Speculation For Fun)

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Kotal got very good minor buffs, with D3 being by far the most significant.

That said, he's still bottom 2. But any matchup you could arguably call 7-3 has been eliminated, me, furious pillow and harold had a podcast ( uploading RN ) and we couldn't find any matchup that bad.
Where Do you feeL he is lacking the most and where would you buff him if you had the option? They could release a hotfix without patches overnight or months from now after seeing the changes?

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
My take is:

Geras, Sonya, and Cassie are still dumb.

Erron Black is super tolerable now (in 52 pickup), and Barking irons may be the new go to for the cancels.

Liu Kang is still super good

I never want to play vs a Dvorah, Kollector, Frost, or Shao Kahn after this patch mainly because I have no idea what they could do BEFORE the patch, much less now that they're supposedly improved.

I have a feeling there's gonna be a rise of Dirtbag Kano. You saw it here first.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
My take is:

Geras, Sonya, and Cassie are still dumb.

Erron Black is super tolerable now (in 52 pickup), and Barking irons may be the new go to for the cancels.

Liu Kang is still super good

I never want to play vs a Dvorah, Kollector, Frost, or Shao Kahn after this patch mainly because I have no idea what they could do BEFORE the patch, much less now that they're supposedly improved.

I have a feeling there's gonna be a rise of Dirtbag Kano. You saw it here first.
Yeah I've been saying for months that Barking Irons is getting ignored because of the scud shot cancel already existing and the TNT being slow. I knew they would be nerfing the scud, it was the most broken special in the game. Guess it paid off for me to learn BI so early! Lol

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Hot take of the bottom: Kano (Dirtbag), Kotal, and Kitana are now the bottom 3 as their low tier compatriots jumped up to mid tier or higher.

Hot take of the top: little changes didnt push anyone down much. The top tiers are still the key top tiers, just not as egregious in some small ways.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
I don’t think they destroyed the top tiers, they just shuffled them around in their order

The bigger question is who is going to be most impacted by other character’s nerfs. For example, Scorpion getting his teleport nerfed just significantly improved Skarlet imo