What's new

Post Patch Tier List (Speculation For Fun)

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Ok its obviously way to early to have accurate tiers so soon after a new patch with so many changes. But it would be nice to hear everyone's opinion on tiers. I don't normally take tiers seriously anyways but I've always had fun speculating on tier placement.

Hot Take:
D'Vorah, Kollector, Geras, Kabal, Baraka & Jax are most likely the new top tiers.
Scorpion, Sonya, Jacqui, EB, Cassie is still good but dropped in tier placement

Its possible Raiden, Kotal, Frost, are mid tier or higher.

Seems many characters made a jump in tiers while a few fell. Great day for Kotal, Kollector & D'Vorah.

Where does everyone think the roster is now after patch?
Who is S, A+, A, B, C Tier?
Who got nerfed the worst?
Who got buffed the most?

LawAbidingCitizen

Frost aint high tier - The best Frost player :)
I haven't really labbed Frost much but it seems she got a lot of buffs which I'm happy for her, she deserved it.
Kotal is definitely good now. His hitboxes are fixed and he can jail from all pokes which is monumental to his close up problems previously.

Kollector made out like a bandit for sure I genuinely think he us high tier and

D'Vorah is definitely strong AF. She now has 3 plus on block strings that can be conditioned. She has a near full screen +1 on block low that low profiles (B34) and can jail from all pokes. Her F13 now is 12f SU up from 15f and makes her life easier and her range very scary. Easily A Tier from that but has so much more.

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
I haven't really labbed Frost much but it seems she got a lot of buffs which I'm happy for her, she deserved it.
Kotal is definitely good now. His hitboxes are fixed and he can jail from all pokes which is monumental to his close up problems previously.

Kollector made out like a bandit for sure I genuinely think he us high tier and

D'Vorah is definitely strong AF. She now has 3 plus on block strings that can be conditioned. She has a near full screen +1 on block low that low profiles (B34) and can jail from all pokes. Her F13 now is 12f SU up from 15f and makes her life easier and her range very scary. Easily A Tier from that but has so much more.
Frost didnt get a lot of buffs. she got 1 good buff then her d1/d3 buff was just so she can jail like everyone else could already do. Kotal didnt get good buffs either he might be the definitive worst in the game now. The rest you are correct about as far as i know

LawAbidingCitizen

Frost didnt get a lot of buffs. she got 1 good buff then her d1/d3 buff was just so she can jail like everyone else could already do. Kotal didnt get good buffs either he might be the definitive worst in the game now. The rest you are correct about as far as i know
I can't speak on Frost cuz I don't use her but Kotal got amazing buffs. His biggest problem was that he couldn't do anything close up or that all his moves wiffed but now that's all different.
Kotal has the best wave dash and one of the best movement speeds in the game along with amazing near full screen range. I don't see how this didnt help him?

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
I can't speak on Frost cuz I don't use her but Kotal got amazing buffs. His biggest problem was that he couldn't do anything close up or that all his moves wiffed but now that's all different.
Kotal has the best wave dash and one of the best movement speeds in the game along with amazing near full screen range. I don't see how this didnt help him?
I main Frost and i just understand her probably better than anyone else and just understand characters well in general.
and i feel like Kotal still has that problem as he doesnt have a fast mid but hey i dont main him so shrug

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Cassie, D'vorah and Liu Kang probably will figure among the best in the game, in time, hehe :p

Eldagrin

Add me on PS4 if you want to play some games
I would say overall Cassie, Geras, and Sonya are all still top 5 characters if we’re doing takes. Geras f212 no longer gets low profiled by Cassie nutpunch or Johnny existing. Sonya still has amazing zoning, mix, and her damage is still good. Cassie lost her free, neutral on block side switch but she didn’t even need it.

Also Cetrion potentially moves up the tier list with the nerfs to other characters and her mostly staying the same and FoN looks to become a viable variation as well. And she was already top 10 for free pre patch

jokey77

Character Loyalist
I main Frost and i just understand her probably better than anyone else and just understand characters well in general.
and i feel like Kotal still has that problem as he doesnt have a fast mid but hey i dont main him so shrug
... errr, what was your point?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Too early to say. Some characters are obviously improved, while not really destroying anyone (R.I.P. Deadshot). MUs are literally brand new now, and changes such as D1 hit advantage for characters or region hit adjustments are just understated monumental changes. We are back to Day 1.

My gut feeling is that as of now this game is Tekken levels of balanced. I am actually impressed. 25 characters or whatever, and nearly everyone has a legitimate shot to beat other characters. That's all you can ask for coming out of a balance patch, especially the first one. Barring one or two characters, the gap between "top 5" and "bottom 5" seems to be closed significantly.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
S Tier: Playing the game

A Tier: Sharing new tech

B Tier: Day 1 Tier Lists

Just spitballing though
Guess I'm a low tier bitch then

I'm most interested in trying Shao and Raiden again. Kollector buffs are sick, I liked him when I tried him but didnt stick with him. I dont wanna just band wagon him. Shang nerfs are unfortunate but he really did have extremely powerful everything, so nerfing his damage while keeping his zoning intact wasnt the worst thing. Getting hit by mid screen ground sparks for 2X% was a bad feeling too