What's new

Post-Patch HighBorn Kitana Top8 Online West Pro Kompetition (DJT vs Deoxys Kitana)

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I was browsing through Pro Kompetition videos after the August Patch and there was a very interesting video I came across.
Deoxys used Geras and Highborn Kitana through the entire tournament but this match was the most notorious since his opponent was DJT with his legendary Baraka.
Gotta say Sonics TL placement of her makes more sense now.

She has amazing block pressure ranging from +1 to -4 from what I've found so far and has great zoning pressure from sai toss and telekick to counterzone. She gets free pressure from sai's and still has great range just now her close up game is improved. Seems she is clearing 20%ish mudscreen and does decent chip. Highborn is looking good.

Has anyone used Highborn after patch?

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Well this is a start but im gonna take this with a grain of salt because he used Geras first and Baraka is 5-5 v Highborne.

The Kitana community has been, for the most part, upplaying highborne but the variation hasn't been very dominant in terms of play.. Yet.

Last edited:

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Has anyone used Highborn after patch?
I have. I think the variation is good, but I am not sure how good. I would think it is at least mid tier.

However, I really dislike the inconsistent properties on the razors depending on which side you are facing. A number of characters, and I have no idea how many at this moment, can simply walk back razors after a blocked b+1,4 on one side of the screen, but they are jailed on the other side.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Wigy

There it is...
I have. I think the variation is good, but I am not sure how good. I would think it is at least mid tier.

However, I really dislike the inconsistent properties on the razors depending on which side you are facing. A number of characters, and I have no idea how many at this moment, can simply walk back razors after a blocked b+1,4 on one side of the screen, but they are jailed on the other side.

Absolutely ridiculous.
It's totally stupid when you factor in that they tried to patch it and it has been widely known since the game came out.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Having watched DJT being vaporized by geras but not guessing right 3 times in a row makes me feel better about myself literally losing every single fight against Geras in the history of this game by not guessing ANYTHING right, ever.