What's new

Post Patch Gotcha Grab

Hitbox_Tyrant

"R.T.S.D" -Alex Valle
I havent played the patch yet cuz i dont have a system lol..but can u guys tell me about
the gotcha grab? Is it heavily nerfed? Thts all i care about.

you mean the 12 Gotcha grab frame trap? i've read the patch notes and it says "Gotcha grab frame trap will not longer work".
but Jax got buffed alot.
F3 is now an overhead
Projectile is faster
Armor on the DU4.

Hitbox_Tyrant

"R.T.S.D" -Alex Valle
you mean the 12 Gotcha grab frame trap? i've read the patch notes and it says "Gotcha grab frame trap will not longer work".
but Jax got buffed alot.
F3 is now an overhead
Projectile is faster
Armor on the DU4.
Oh yeaa i heard lol, i was just wondering if they made gotcha grab really slow

Gotcha Grab is slower? It seems the same speed to me. The only thing that seems different is that the opponent recovers much more quickly on block... I'm pretty sure it's neutral on block.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I meant on recovery lol. At least that's what it feels like.

Hitbox_Tyrant

"R.T.S.D" -Alex Valle
Haha as long its at least neutral on block, im fine with tht. I base my play style on gotcha grabs :]
Btw im just wondering, who do u think has the most efficient play style with jax? Honesty is appreciated LOL

D-MyzE

Noob
Haha as long its at least neutral on block, im fine with tht. I base my play style on gotcha grabs :]
Btw im just wondering, who do u think has the most efficient play style with jax? Honesty is appreciated LOL
I personally think its either you or CD Jr, but judging by the videos he plays more patient and you play more rushdown, so I prefer your playstyle. And its seems like you use the gotcha grab frame trap alot more so this patch might have screwed you :p

Woah woah woah, neutral on block? That's a HUGE problem if so. Really basic things like his 123 grab pressure will be basically useless. They could have given it advantage without it being a block infinite.

Hitbox_Tyrant

"R.T.S.D" -Alex Valle
I finally played the patch..gotcha grab is still good :] i never used the infinite so it looks the same to me xD

I finally played the patch..gotcha grab is still good :] i never used the infinite so it looks the same to me xD
But you no longer have your significant advantage after a blocked Gotcha Grab, so the opponent should be able to escape more often and more easily. Did you adapt to this or did your opponent(s) perhaps not adapt to it? Other than the blockstun being shortened, I think it's the same as it was before, though.