What's new

POST PATCH CAPTAIN COLD COMBOS!

Well I don't know about you but I'm playing with the most soulless notgivingaflyingfkabouttheotherhumanbeinginthegame -6isactually+3 careless people in the universe, so the instant I try b232 not only I can't even get to the 3 but i'm getting d2 and d1 a BAZILLION% punished each time.

It doesn't matter if 99 times they get baited and lose, the 100th time they STILL press and blow up b232.

So yes but no, I can't see how that could work as the only actual viable time to use it is in f4 when they're so slow they can't duck in time, and even then it only works for 2 hits.
If u want, I can give you some feedback. Post a couple videos and I'll try my best to give u some tips

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I accidentaly did an interactable combo in Brainiac s ship. Will try to do this.

Tanno

Interesting tech there. Didn't know that it's an OKI there. What if one of them tech rolls back? You'll need to do MB Wall.

Hiyomoto

Noob
So I'm not sure if this was possible prepatch, but check this out. It's very proof-of-concepty right now, but I'm looking to optimize and get better setups. Point is that it can be done.

I'm also looking at his restand potential with ex icicle + db2 (you can see me f it up at the end of the first video), but it was super finnicky before the patch and now even more so...I think. But if these two things can be hashed out I think he'd jump to brokenness pretty quick :V

This is a prepatch video i took:
What's really interesting is that it would also restand off a juggle. Haven't checked yet if it works post-patch

Edit: so I played around with the restand thing a little more and it looks like it no longer works off of juggles. It's still works on the ground, but it seems like nrs reduced the gravity (whaaaa) after ex db3 such that you can't get the restanding hit at the right time anymore. The only way I've been able to get the gravity high enough is by putting the opponent into a second lvl2 bubble, but in that state it's impossible to set up an ex icicle. I wish they'd allow an ex db3 after they get frozen by a lvl 2 trait, but w/e.
It's possible post patch. Very possible without bubble at all, the timing is weird but it definitely works.

ErkrodC

CC Techhunter
It looks to me like the ex icicle puts aquaman into a standing state for like 1 frame just before the block connects. If you watch it in slow-mo, you can see him rise up a bit before the block hits him. My guess is if you're able to land a hit (doesn't necessarily need to be ice wall) at that frame, the fall is canceled since the game thinks he's standing. I wouldn't be surprised if nrs patches it with the next update.

It looks to me like the ex icicle puts aquaman into a standing state for like 1 frame just before the block connects. If you watch it in slow-mo, you can see him rise up a bit before the block hits him. My guess is if you're able to land a hit (doesn't necessarily need to be ice wall) at that frame, the fall is canceled since the game thinks he's standing. I wouldn't be surprised if nrs patches it with the next update.
Nah man!. Flash has a re stand combo meter-less mid-screen since the game got released, and They let It roll. Ours is very situational and risky... also, We have to spend at least 2 bars to get It. I doubt They will patch It.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
Another thing is if you actually intend to land the restand and spend the bars for it, it might not even work as intended because it looks pretty inconsistent and there would be other factors at play too like online connectivity. If a consistent way to land it is found offline though, it could be extremely dirty in tournament.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
Thanks to @ii 2shay ii I got the idea to do this... Please enjoy everyone... Leonard Snart hates Your wakeup:)
Notes that are not in video...
If they delay wake up and You have meter do ex icicle instead.... It will make them go up to eat a f3 or b3 combo:p...
Enjoy everyone @Tanno, @M.D. , @KH_Seraph :):):):)
Isn't 213 a hard knockdown? I've been using a similar concept by following up a 213 with death-cicle. It worked particularly well for me in the Green Arrow MU at least.

Isn't 213 a hard knockdown? I've been using a similar concept by following up a 213 with death-cicle. It worked particularly well for me in the Green Arrow MU at least.
213 is not special cancelable, with this You force them to block if they don't roll. if they roll...You can set up an instant mb icicle for trait charging, and this is the better option for Them in that case:p. If They do roll wake up... all the advancing wake ups become vulnerable to a raw b3 combo if They do it:DOGE

Last edited:

Tanno

213 is not special cancelable, with this You force them to block if they don't roll. if they roll...You can set up an instant mb icicle for trait charging, and this is the better option for Them in that case:p. If They do roll wake up... all the advancing wake ups become vulnerable to a raw b3 combo if They do it:DOGE
I use this to kick them right to the trap.:DOGE