What's new

Post-Evo Salt Report

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Wait what? That tweet from PL was actually salty/insulting in disguise? It just looked like he was giving Fox much deserved respect for winning. I can usually detect such nonsense but I honestly didn't think he had any ill intentions behind that tweet at all

... am I falling out of touch with the Internet? :|
No, you arent falling out of touch at all. PL is a Patty LaBelle/Diana Ross level of Diva, and their shade can be so on point that it's damn near undetectable. It's there. Lol

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Hehe, @SneakyTortoise this report is missing possibly the biggest blow up of the week -- Madzin winning a EU major over two EVO top 8 placers with Sub Zero, a character declared dead no less than 2 weeks before.
I know, but I didn't want the tremendous accomplishment to be tarnished with responses of "yeah but that was in the U.K though". Brady already said the same on Pig's stream saying "He had 3 tournaments in the US and didn't place" (which isn't true, pretty sure he got top 8 at the one Mustard won on the west coast) and that it's easier to win in the U.K.

Last edited:

LucaTheRipper

RULES OF NATURE!
Now, the question that’s been on everyone’s mind, what does Liu Kang need to be top tier? Yes, this genuinely was a thread. I mean come on guys, Liu Kang’s not fucking good enough for you? Jesus wept. Although, I do have it on good authority from the sun god himself (no not Kotal Kahn), that only online players know the true potential of Liu Kang and that no offline player will ever realise it. I couldn’t make this stuff up if I wanted to. This did also lead to the use of what seems like this month’s buzzword “pseudo”. We had Pseudo Unblockables with Quan Chi and Pseudo Block infinites with Liu Kang, both of which provided plenty of rage and salt.
Oh i was just waiting for this! Liu Kang community is hella awful. Good work @SneakyTortoise your salt reports... Just brilliant as always!

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I know, but I didn't want the tremendous accomplishment to be tarnished with responses of "yeah but that was in the U.K though". Brady already said the same on Pig's stream saying "He had 3 tournaments in the US and didn't place" (which isn't true, pretty sure he got top 8 at the one Mustard won on the west coast) and that it's easier to win in the U.K.
That would have been valid before EVO -- but since two of the guys he had to outplace at VF5 made top 8 in Las Vegas at the world's biggest fighting game tournament, and the guy he 6-0'ed to win was also in the grand finals of EVO, anyone questioning the validity of Madzin's win is just suffering from a severe and possibly terminal case of salt-itis.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
That would have been valid before EVO -- but since two of the guys he had to outplace at VF5 made top 8 in Las Vewas also into the grand finals of EVO, anyone questioning the validity of Madzin's win is just suffering from a severe and possibly terminal case of salt-itis.
Exactly! That's why I was so pissed off to hear Brady say that and just couldn't be bothered giving any other like-minded people a platform to express that thought

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I'll take my apology in written format from Dave. I ain't got time for a 3 hour podcast.
Then you are going to miss the part in which you raged when I called Cowboy the best Shinnok player on the planet even though everyone knew it was true the moment he decided to use the character.

Crystalline and Metallic are still abysmal. Aftershock is a solid variation, though. Probably high mid tier.

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
I haven't seen D. R. post this much on tym in a while. I guess he's going to lab up the form trash talk next and show you all the meaning of pro trash talk.

D. R.

Noob
And my post is gone....

For those who come into this thread and see what appears to be a random post aimed at Shadow by me (post #45) and a salt pic that was changed I don't know how many times by him, you've sadly missed out on quite an epic post in its entirety, so I'll quickly recap the main points in a PG context as to not offend the powers that be of this "exceptionally" ran, totalitarian webpage:

1. Basically, I said Cowboy got his major win, GG. Yay Shinnok army.
2. Called Dave a mentally incompetent human yet again. The norm.
3. Told Shadow to do things with Cowboy's appendage before taking it out of his speaking orifice...
LOL

Oh that last one was classic but sadly will never see the light of day here, but I digress, I took screen captures of the original. :D Now, these words all passed through a rather strict parental filter, so I know I am okay now from any threat of a ban worthy offense. You guys throw jabs while I throw haymakers, but apparently I can't do that so yeah, I am sorry I hurt your feelings with mature language on a forum for a mature rated game Shadow. Nonetheless, be sure to still use plenty of mouth wash before going about the rest of your day. It's for your health.

#Tremor2016