What's new

Possibly New Tech vs. Scorpion

Justice

Noob
Possibly New Strat vs. Scorpion

The last time our little group got together, I was working Sonya and one of our buddies was trying out different characters. He diecided on Scorpion for this match. During the match, he was all about the tele-spam. I jumped backwards on reaction to what I thought was coming but it ended up being another tele. He teleported right underneath me and I gave him a Neck Kick to the back.

Proboably not so new, but I don't see it much so I thought I would post and see what you guys thought about working that into Sonya's game as a high-risk counter for telespam.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Her divekick beats both versions of his teleport, if you delay it you should be able to whiff punish him for a combo, if not at least you can divekick his teleport on reaction.

bipolar_shango

" Bros before Hoes"
Speaking about divekicks.... Does anyone do this?... When you are crossing up, people sometimes mash D3/D1 so that your punch whiffs.. When they do this i divekick into full combo :p

Justice

Noob
Speaking about divekicks.... Does anyone do this?... When you are crossing up, people sometimes mash D3/D1 so that your punch whiffs.. When they do this i divekick into full combo :p
I try to but I have this really annoying habit of doing it at the wrong time so I divekick AWAY from my opponent instead of burying my foot in their face...:salty:

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Divekick is probably the best poke punisher in the game, 40% + reset for a 1-3% poke.

If you can clock onto your opponents poking patterns it gives you a MAJOR advantage against anybody that isnt Sub or Noob really

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Im by no means an expert on the matter, but from the start your opponent should be fearing the divekick, and with good reason of course, but you can use this to gain time in the air during crossovers, you dont need to jump and mash as hard as you can because you will more often than not whiff the wrong way, and you can judge on whether your going to punch>b21f2 or divekick them throughout the match as you start to see patterns in the reactions. Point im making, dont mash in the air when you really have no need to!

SLy

Noob
I wouldnt consider this new tech though..More like a Strategy... The word tech has been thrown around alot carelessly

But yea Her divekick shuts down pokes..Its a good frame trap too

Justice

Noob
I wouldnt consider this new tech though..More like a Strategy... The word tech has been thrown around alot carelessly

But yea Her divekick shuts down pokes..Its a good frame trap too
I tried to re-name the thread but I could only re-name the first post :jerkoff: