What's new

Possible reset of Ermac's Sweep

RedSpectre221

Ermac Apprentice
Whats up guys For the past 2 weeks ive just been trainig offline trying to get Ermac ready for Final Round, and I went online with a guy that has great knowledge of Ermac aand he told me about a reset that ermac can do off his sweep. This is new to me but supposedly after a sweep you have a 0.3 second window to do his B2,B1 into lift for a full combo. I went into the lab to practice this and it does work but online it will never work with the lag. Here is a string i do for the reset.

B11, dash F4 sweep(Reset) B2,B1,EX .TKL, force port, 22

Hope this helps try it out post some replies.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
After the f4, the opponent can crouch-block the leg sweep and escape Ermac's offense. This is not a true reset. You're better off going for the grab or 3 1 4 after an f4.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Not a complete reset, but definitely not a bad idea.
Don't you get pushback if they block the sweep anyway? Then you get them back at TK/Ermac Range.

Improving Ermac = Titty Sprinkles.

RedSpectre221

Ermac Apprentice
Im still trying it out its not a 100 percent reset but if you can read your opponet well you can catch him off gaurd and @ GamerBlake you dont have to F4 into sweep thats just something i do because alot of players i play always expect a grab or 3,1,2 so thats how i get it of but i agree with you its not a true reset but it works Like i said i was showed this. lol

RedSpectre221

Ermac Apprentice
Also if you get the timing right after the sweep the B2,B1 will be unstoppable where the opponent cannot block,wakeup,or jump out, or even roll but you have to have strict timing when the B2,B1 is preformed. Ill post a video showing it off

QjonPL

Low Tier Fanatic
This is a "reset" working only on training dummy, it's like Smoke's pseudoresets with EX SB after moves other than f+4, if the opponent will be holding block after knockdown there's no way to land that.
Here's a quick video to prove it:

Also, wake up attacks will beat the shit out of this reset, because they come out faster than get up blocking and have invincibility frames...

RedSpectre221

Ermac Apprentice
Like i said before someone told me about it and showed me it and i practiced it offline and i use it only with a string prior to because lots of players dont read it i just wanted to share it with everyone.

zaf

professor
cool find, but i dont see myself using it. i dont see people not blocking after the sweep... not tech rolling everytime is understandable, but not blocking is another thing

id like to see your vid red spectre, where this beats everything out. and with a human player please

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk

zaf

professor
ok so i have been testing this

- this does break just block. which is fucking weird...
-i cant seem to beat wake up attacks
-im sure you can tech out of this...

i just need to know redspectre, this hits them just as they begin to get up right? this doesnt work when the opponent just lays there.... so essentially to beat this out you just need to lay there?

LEGEND

YES!
with the frame advantage B4 gives on block AND knock down, its still pretty good to through out there if you have the spacing

and this still could be used as a random setup for his vortex

RedSpectre221

Ermac Apprentice
ok so i have been testing this

- this does break just block. which is fucking weird...
-i cant seem to beat wake up attacks
-im sure you can tech out of this...

i just need to know redspectre, this hits them just as they begin to get up right? this doesnt work when the opponent just lays there.... so essentially to beat this out you just need to lay there?

Yep it only works when they get up its not a complete reset but if you can catch the opponent off guard you can get a full combo and im trying to get a video now. Also yea you can beat it out by just laying this is good but its not perfect