What's new

Tech Possible Corner Reversal Tech

CRUM

Noob
I'm not sure exactly how to test this, but I noticed that after a hard knockdown in the corner you whiff a F1 at the right time and it looks like your opponent faces toward the corner. I'm not sure if this is anything new, but I thought it could be interesting for someone else to test out. Here's exactly how I do it.

(In the Corner) - 1F2 and then after they hit the ground do a F1 and you will notice the other player faces the opposite way. I'm not sure if this will reverse their inputs or not. Someone test this and let me know if it's anything.

Krayzie GGA 16 Bit Treadmill killa_solid

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
This could be similar to what Doomsday and a few others can do where if they try to wakeup they do the wakeup attack the wrong way. I will look into it tomorrow.

Been trying it in practice mode and I've never had their wakeup come out the wrong way. She can do that off that knockdown if she dashes at the right time but so far no luck on f+1.

CRUM

Noob
This could be similar to what Doomsday and a few others can do where if they try to wakeup they do the wakeup attack the wrong way. I will look into it tomorrow.

Been trying it in practice mode and I've never had their wakeup come out the wrong way. She can do that off that knockdown if she dashes at the right time but so far no luck on f+1.
It's a pretty specific timing. After the knockdown you have to wait a tiny bit before you do the F1. I'm not sure if it could be the stage or the character I was facing. I didn't try it on anyone other than Aquaman.

Edit: it may just reverse the animation of where the character is looking because its an overhead. Like I said I wasn't sure how to test it against wake ups.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I can get them to stand up the wrong way. I am doing it on Wayne Manor and Zatanna. So far her wakeups come out correctly though. If you dash right the wakeup comes out the wrong way. I can only try this against the CPU now though. Tomorrow I will try with a human.

Reborn

Noob
You do know that you can reverse your opponent's wakeups in the corner with 1f2, right? You can also do it with her b2, but I don't think it is as effective.

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
Ya 1f2 dash in and b2 are your two best option for reversing inputs.
I recorded the f1 set up on myself in training mode and was able to wake up in the correct direction with ease. One thing that i did find interesting was that after the 1f2, the f1 whiff is safe to wakeups around 10 frames or higher, so it could be used as a bait tool effectively. Or even whiff the f1 and go into her low once they get smart.

Reborn

Noob
Ya 1f2 dash in and b2 are your two best option for reversing inputs.
I recorded the f1 set up on myself in training mode and was able to wake up in the correct direction with ease. One thing that i did find interesting was that after the 1f2, the f1 whiff is safe to wakeups around 10 frames or higher, so it could be used as a bait tool effectively. Or even whiff the f1 and go into her low once they get smart.
Oh good to know! You can also jump after 1f2 and be safe from wakeups (especially useful against a GL or Raven who want to grab on wakeup). I see it as more of a gimmick but it can definitely fool people who are unaware.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Look for the Catwoman infinite video on Chefs youtube page. I had him record that for me.

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
Oh good to know! You can also jump after 1f2 and be safe from wakeups (especially useful against a GL or Raven who want to grab on wakeup). I see it as more of a gimmick but it can definitely fool people who are unaware.
Ya I use that safe jump a lot, especially midscreen. As far as I know, you actually cannot safe jump GL's lift. The wake up has to be 13 frames or slower if I remember correctly.

Reborn

Noob
Ya I use that safe jump a lot, especially midscreen. As far as I know, you actually cannot safe jump GL's lift. The wake up has to be 13 frames or slower if I remember correctly.
If you do it right after the 1f2 you can land and block Lantern's Might. You can also 1f2, dash up, then neutral jump and make it wiff.

How do you get the double f3 to hit like that consistently?.
The double f3 isn't so difficult to do consistently... The key is, in my opinion, do the second f3 in the right time that Catwoman is in the ground. Check it out:

Try to do: [starter] catdash, b3, double f3 wiff, 112 catdash mb, f3.
In the training of this combo, I lerned how do the double f3... Maybe this can help u.

A big hug.

Ecodus

I ain't got time to bleed.
The double f3 isn't so difficult to do consistently... The key is, in my opinion, do the second f3 in the right time that Catwoman is in the ground. Check it out:

In the training of this combo, I lerned how do the double f3... Maybe this can help u.

A big hug.
You find it viable to do the double f3 online? I struggle landing it, but maybe it's just me.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled

A big hug.
I used to think this but I think the timing for double f3 whiff is character dependent. For smaller characters you have to delay the first f3 longer in order for it not to miss.