What's new

Possible Banned Abilities for Kustom Tournament Variations

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
It's hard to take this list seriously. It doesn't make sense on its face. The one single move Stephanie mentioned on the KK that we know is banned--Terminator's Terminate--isn't on the list, but Endoskeleton is--which is so laughably bad that it's basically a joke move?

Robocop's Trick Shot? Oh come on. There's absolutely nothing broken about that move, by itself or in combination with anything else. They're not going to ban a move in one mode because of a funny visual effect but leave it in all others. What, we need to protect the super-delicate, fragile players of KL, but f- casual players, let them get vertigo...?

And a Rain move? They've obviously been working on this patch at the same time they've been balancing the KP2 characters, so why on earth would they bother adding brand new abilities that are too strong to use in competitive mode? That would be such a waste of effort.

This list is just wacky. The actual patch is the only thing that matters. We need to see those patch notes...
I think one of the reason why trick shot might be on here is because the huge broken screen effect might obscure the screen for players . They can easily re-animate the move or make adjustments. I do agree that we have to wait and see, hopefully NRS delivers

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
Shang Tsung players; do you have any interest to put soul swap in your kustom setup? i haven't. Shake Shake Shake Sinyora....

Obly

Ambiguous world creator
I think one of the reason why trick shot might be on here is because the huge broken screen effect might obscure the screen for players . They can easily re-animate the move or make adjustments. I do agree that we have to wait and see, hopefully NRS delivers
I get the concern, but banning the move seems over the top. Robocop is in recovery the whole time the screen is "cracked" (even on hit), so it's literally impossible for him to make a hidden move. Even still, as you said, just make the effect smaller or shorter (or just get rid of it) if it's that much of a concern, rather than throwing out the whole move.

Meanwhile Sonicfox has openly admitted that he uses the huge explosion from Joker's amplified jack in the box to hide what he's doing. If they're going to start banning moves that are visually distracting, they should be starting with that.

So uh.......... Spawn's soul forfeit is still in??

Not complaining cause I play Spawn, buuuuuut i will complain when i play against others spawns. That move is insanely strong.

EDIT: Nevermind. Comes with a considerable damage reduction and more importantly restricts you to one bar of amp for the rest of the round i believe.

Last edited:

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Yeah as a Shang main I wouldn't give up any of my other slots for a fucking 5% punishable on hit teleport lmao. Scorpion can probably launch that shit anyway