What's new

possible arcade stick option?

ive been looking for an arcade stick option for mortal kombat soul calibur 4 and the likes. I looked at options such as arcade in the box and others but it was just a little too pricy. So i found the Hori EX2 wich is pretty reasonably priced. Just wondering if anyone has it or has played with it and what they think about it.

Derek

Noob
I have that stick and it's honestly pretty decent. However it's not made for MK and the fact that you can't configure a button layout in MK makes it totally not worth it. It's the standard Japanese stick layout.

It's so fucking stupid that you can't configure the buttons, jesus christ...digital eclipse could have made that happen (or am I wrong?). That stick looks kinda cool, what game(s) is it made for? Is that the infamous doa4 stick?

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Seeing as they made "A" the start button once you are in the game, then yes they definitely could have made a button config. That means they had access to the controls. I think the reason why they didn't allow for it because of something to do with the triggers and bumpers. I bet if you changed the button or something it would make both sides the same thing, which even though it sounds ridiculous I could totally picture happening. On PSX MKT, I got very use to having Block and Run both on the right side, but then I got a PSX arcade stick.

If you can open it up and reset the button layout manually you could have something reasonable on the 6 button face. What I would do is on the top BL, HP, HK and on the bottom Run, LP, LK. If that is possible and you can still change button layout in game for other games then you should be good to go.

They're fucking idiots. In the world of technology today I think with minimal effort they could have fixed this.

yes it is the doa 4 stick

and shock that is a realy good idea, because any othe fighting game that i would be playing would be customizable, i just gotta figure out if thats posiible to change up the internal button layout.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Its both the DOA4 AND VF5 stick.

IMO, Hori is fucing crap. Yes, its decent, but for serious players, its low end, FTL.

Also, I agree totally with Mista. What a fucking lazy ass way to port a game with online play, etc.

Dude just take it apart use the printed board and build a box buy some buttons/joystick and wire it up it's really easy to do and you can customize button layout to your liking.

Just a suggestion.

Derek

Noob
Dude just take it apart use the printed board and build a box buy some buttons/joystick and wire it up it's really easy to do and you can customize button layout to your liking.

Just a suggestion.
No, it's not easy. Go look at the threads on SRK de-soldering that thing is a pain in the ass the buttons are directly soldered to the PCB and it has two PCBs in it. That's why I haven't modded mine yet, because it's going to be a pain in the ass.

No, it's not easy. Go look at the threads on SRK de-soldering that thing is a pain in the ass the buttons are directly soldered to the PCB and it has two PCBs in it. That's why I haven't modded mine yet, because it's going to be a pain in the ass.

If that is the problem then go buy a wired 360 pad and use it for the PCB.
The PCB has pretty big copper traces for easy soldering.

I have loads of experience soldering/desoldering electronic devices i guess that is why i think it's easy.